Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2011, 01:53 AM   #1 
Nepale

Update on Fluffy BlueBoner (Fin rot rehab lol)

Well I kinda want to update you guys on Fluffy Boner and I would like to say special THANK you to Bettaluver4evr and OFL for the help.

So I started on 100% water change every other day and 50% meanwhile but he wasn't getting better.His fins were splitting and became completely transparent. I noticed he didn't want to flare as well ..soooo it was getting really bad. I got him aquarium salt 5 days ago and I've been treating him since then. Also I got some new decoration ( pink freakin cave and pink plants,what's it with the pink for the love of betta,he's a MAN) so he'll keep being occupied.

I have to say my little friend is back,he's been happy,jumpy,nibbling his little fins everytime he sees a face around his tank. Begging for food 24/7 and his fins are getting better.I don't know if that's possible but it looks like somebody used super glue and put everything all together. His anal fins are half blue which they used to be 100% clear.

I was rearranging the decoration around the tank and pushed the lid a little bit and HE threw a fit. I swear he was so huge and looked so angry with his big beard that I dropped the lid half way into the water. He scared me poopless. After that he's been swimming around with "Yeah bitches wut?!" look on his face . My little brave heart.

Sooo we are getting better and I will keep you updated with some pics and stuff tomorrow.

Sorry if I sound too bubbly -I am sooo happy.

Last edited by Nepale; 03-14-2011 at 01:57 AM.
Nepale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:11 AM   #2 
rue721

Quote:
I was rearranging the decoration around the tank and pushed the lid a little bit and HE threw a fit. I swear he was so huge and looked so angry with his big beard that I dropped the lid half way into the water. He scared me poopless. After that he's been swimming around with "Yeah bitches wut?!" look on his face .
LOL. That is adorable!

Today is the day Fluffy grew a tail AND became a MAN ;).
rue721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:33 AM   #3 
BettaFriend15

AWWW he's too cute i love his wittle face hahaha ^.^
BettaFriend15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #4 
Nepale

Back to the beginning. I did 100% water change the other day and I woke up to see my baby with his fins in really bad condition. I still use aquarium salt and I do 50% every other day and 100% in between.

My heater pad broke though and the water temperature was under 70 degrees for a few hours . I guess it happened after we went to bed because I check the water temp like 15 times a day.

His mood is cheery as always,made the biggest bubble nest yesterday,flared at me,made a big poop ( actually I thought the poop was a fin,it was that big),swimming back and forth into his cave.

Housing
What size is your tank? 1gal
What temperature is your tank? 76-78 F
Does your tank have a filter? No
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? None

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Flakes/Bloodworms as a treat,not really interested in pellets
How often do you feed your betta fish? Once a day,fasting 1 day every 2 weeks.

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change? 2 times 50% and 1-100% weekly
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? -
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Betta Water conditioner (Top Fin) + Aqua Salt

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? His fins are splitting apart,pinholes in them,he just looks miserable.
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? Hasn't changed.
When did you start noticing the symptoms? Yesterday.
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Aqua salt and frequent water changes.
Does your fish have any history of being ill? He had fin rot like a month ago but I handled it quickly.
How old is your fish (approximately)? I have him over 2 months .

I think the night he spent in cold water is the main cause and I wonder if I should give him a couple days to rest or should I start on antibiotics and Aqua Gold?

Nepale is offline   Reply With Quote