Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #1 
Slipstitch

Need a babbler

Okay, so at some point in the future I'm planning on A. buying some bettas from a breeder here on the site. B. I'm also planning on breeding some of my own petstore fish. I need someone willing to babble with me about breeding, help me decide pairs, stuff like that. Who's up for some baby betta talk?
Slipstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:34 PM   #2 
Abby

hey im all for it i havent bred yet myself but wanna breed two pair in the new few months :)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #3 
Slipstitch

Yay! Right now I'm in indecision mode, lol. I was planning on breeding my pearl bodied, marble finned veiltail girl to a double tail cellophane veiltail boy. But I keep looking at this little girl I just got a couple days ago and debating. The new girl is a pretty pastel purple with white edges on her fins(butterfly style and perfectly symmetrical). Again, veiltail. But if I bred her instead of the marble, would I want to use the cellophane boy or one of my red boys or my silver and blue ct boy? So many decisions! Lol
Old 03-13-2011, 10:50 PM   #4 
Arashi Takamine

I hope you don't mind me joining in on the conversation but I think the purple Butterfly girl would be a great pairing to one of your red boys. Her coloring as far as I can tell is pretty rare in betta's.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:59 PM   #5 
Slipstitch

OOooo I wonder what kind of combo that would make? Then comes the question of which red boy? Lol
Old 03-13-2011, 11:00 PM   #6 
Abby

SIMPLE: butterfly lady to a red male and the marble girl to the cellophane
:)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:11 PM   #7 
Slipstitch

Lol yes, but which red male? I have a red crowntail who is a SOLID red and is growing his fins back(evil petstore!), a red veiltail with blue/green metallic streaks in his tail, and a red veiltail with orange and purple streaks in his tail. The solid red could work but only once his fins are back in working condition.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:26 PM   #8 
Arashi Takamine

I'd go with the red male with the orange and purple streaks. Just imagine how the fry would look with that combination.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:47 AM   #9 
Slipstitch

Oooo... You're right! Also, I just bought starter cultures of vinegar eels and microworms. I'm going to play with them until I'm certain I know how exactly they work and have my timing with them figured out. I want to make sure I understand them before I make fry. Like how long they'll live, stuff like that.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:23 AM   #10 
MrVampire181

Breeding isn't like painting...you need to understand the basic genetics of the colors.

As far as purple....it's very hard to produce but luckily I am spawning a purple pair this coming weekend hehe.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote