Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2011, 06:29 AM   #41 
1fish2fish

I think those of you that find reds and blues boring may be a litle hasty. I used to think they were boring too but you haven't seen a blue or red until you seen show quality ones in person. Good ones are so pure and classic and pictures just don't do them justice.

I think the longer your in this hobby the more you can appreciate every color and see beauty in them all. I never liked whites and swore up and down I'd never breed them but then I saw a white PK at my lfs and he was just so pretty (despite being blind in one eye) he completely changed the way I see whites.

I agree with Dragonlady a healthy betta is a beautiful betta in my book.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #42 
kathstew

I dislike any solid color bettas (sorry). I like bettas that have more color variety.
:)
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #43 
FuulieQ

I dislike grizzle, generally... they just look mangy. There are a few that have grown on me but it's hard to do. :P

This isn't about tail types but I also rarely find CTs that I like. Most of the time they just look like they got caught in a filter intake.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #44 
FuulieQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorW View Post
Lol, I'm not a plakat fan either :) Some look really cool, but well... They just look like fighters; like if the fish was human he'd beat you up XD
:c But Robert's such a sweet fish... look at his little scaredy face, haha!

I never thought I'd end up with a plakat to be honest, I thought I was going to get a HM or HMDBT, maybe a delta if neither of those were available. But Robert kind of claimed me. xD So now I've gone to the dark side... the puny side...
Old 03-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #45 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuulieQ View Post
I dislike grizzle, generally... they just look mangy. There are a few that have grown on me but it's hard to do. :P

This isn't about tail types but I also rarely find CTs that I like. Most of the time they just look like they got caught in a filter intake.
Tailtypes can be included :D I personally dont like Deltas or super Deltas. Some CT's I dont like either, but the ones I dont like have bent rays, or more rays than fins.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:18 PM   #46 
nmaybyte

I actually do not like crowntails. They just look weird to me. I also don't like white/yellow combination. If that makes sense.....
nmaybyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #47 
chelsmarie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by akjadestar View Post
I don't really like cellophane ones... they really scare me .
Lol! I have a cellophane. My nanna told me that he looks like a piece of flesh or a finger. Tehehe
chelsmarie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:16 PM   #48 
chelsmarie23

Oh and my least favorite is probably the plakat... at least most of them. Some of them can be very pretty. I don't know why alot of people don't like red.. I've been lusting after a beautiful fully red betta. Different strokes for different folks I suppose! xD
chelsmarie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #49 
FuulieQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafish15 View Post
Tailtypes can be included :D I personally dont like Deltas or super Deltas. Some CT's I dont like either, but the ones I dont like have bent rays, or more rays than fins.
I really only take a shine to CTs with a very specific ray structure... like this guy. Other than this, they have to have spectacular coloration. I guess I'm weird like that. :l
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #50 
LolaQuigs

Before I had any bettas, when I was still doing research, I absolutely hated marbles. I got my first fish, what I thought was a juvenile cellophane. Then I noticed a few dark patches (what he looks like in my avatar). I thought "oh no! It can't be!" But it was...sure enough, he marbld up and changed completely (he ended up dark blue piebald with green accents). But I loved him and came to love his color, now I think marbles are fantastic, so personal experience really makes a difference!
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote