Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #1 
JKfish

He's such a brat!

Tux chewed on his tail today while I was at school! I'm so irritated with him, he's a straggly now. The worst thing is that he swam up to me looking so smug! He was all wiggles and cute half flares, as if he were saying "Look at me Mom! I gave myself a tail cut! I can swim SOOO much faster now!" :P To say the least, I'm pretty mad, but I still gave him his bloodworms.

The only good thing is that most of it is not that huge of a deal, only 1/4th of his tail looks absolutely horrible. I'm going to have to find some epsom salt and start treatment.

Do you have any tailbiting tales you'd like to share/rant about?
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #2 
TheCrysCat

Well, there was the time Zekie nommed most of his top tail off. He went from being a double tail to being a one-and-a-half tail :P Luckily, a lot of it has grown back.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #3 
chelsmarie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
Well, there was the time Zekie nommed most of his top tail off. He went from being a double tail to being a one-and-a-half tail :P Luckily, a lot of it has grown back.
"nommed" that is funny.

Ignacio doesn't bite big chunks of his tail at a time, he nibbles on it like once a month a little. I guess it isn't as bad as it could be. I just wish he would stop though! There is no reason to! I take such good care of the little guy. He is spoiled for sure!!
chelsmarie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #4 
TheCrysCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsmarie23 View Post
"nommed" that is funny.

Ignacio doesn't bite big chunks of his tail at a time, he nibbles on it like once a month a little. I guess it isn't as bad as it could be. I just wish he would stop though! There is no reason to! I take such good care of the little guy. He is spoiled for sure!!
Yeah, although his tail is growing back, I still see little fishy fishy-mouth sized chunks out of his other fins. Not badly enough to really make a difference, luckily.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:44 AM   #5 
carzz

I've never heard of a betta biting their tail before. But the bit about the new tail cut was cute.
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:56 AM   #6 
denaliwind

Noonie attempted it right before my eyes! I was feeding him and I saw him turn around and take a bite, or at least I think that's what he was doing. I don't think he actually took anything off... I think he may have been so excited about his incoming dinner that he had to let all that excitement out somehow... like a dog biting his tail? XD
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote