Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2011, 12:14 AM   #1 
SillyFinn

New Rescued...Halfmoon?

I went and checked out a tropical fish store today and it was DISGUSTING!! I found the corner with the bettas and looked around for a poor little guy I could bring home and save. After searching around for a little bit, I found this beauty. He is a looker. The spots all over his body are a gorgeous deep blue that shine beautifully under the tank light.

I had to take him home and save him from the horrible place. There were at least 3 bettas that were floating upside down in their tiny barely filled water cups.
I have no name yet, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to post them! I have my two in a split 2.5 gallon until I find a decent place to put the second one, then he will get his own new mansion.

I also dont know what type of betta he is, I think half moon...but Im not sure...?

SillyFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:27 AM   #2 
Kestrel

If his fins make a half circle (180 degrees) when he is flaring then he is a halfmoon. In the relaxed pictures it's difficult to tell, but he is either halfmoon or delta tail I believe.
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:28 AM   #3 
denaliwind

Awe he's beautiful! So good to know he went to a good home... man, pet stores like that are so depressing. =.=
I'm no expert on fins... but my guess would be a delta tail?
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:30 AM   #4 
SillyFinn

Awesome! Thank you! He hasnt flared much yet. But Ill be sure and watch him closely. Do you know what his coloring would be called? Im new to the whole betta types/colors so I have no idea what he is. lol
Old 03-15-2011, 12:37 AM   #5 
denaliwind

Um marble cellophane would be my guess.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:40 AM   #6 
Kestrel

Hrmm, with his unusual speckling I don't know that there's one specifc classification but perhaps marble, pastel, or cellophane. (I'm not sure if pastel or cellophane means they don't have any spots of color though) I don't know too much about breeding either and if most betta in stores can REALLY be classified as these colors for breeding since we don't know their parents and genetics. But of course, we always like to have a definition for when we describe bettas to others as I figure you want. :)
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:40 AM   #7 
SillyFinn

Denaliwind -Sounds fancy. I like it. lol! Thank you!
Your dog is gorgeous.

Kestrel - Ya, I was just wondering if there was some type of rough general coloration that I could go by. I dont plan on breeding or anything, my bettas are just for me to enjoy and give a happy life. :)

Last edited by SillyFinn; 03-15-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:46 AM   #8 
denaliwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyFinn View Post
Denaliwind -Sounds fancy. I like it. lol! Thank you!
Your dog is gorgeous.
Thanks! :D
Yeah, my guess would be cellophane since he seems very transparent, and marble because of this funny little blue spots! I love marbling, makes them very unique, no two fish with the same pattern! :D

Here's a good link that will tell you about patterns, tails and colors. ^^
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=29868
Old 03-15-2011, 12:53 AM   #9 
SillyFinn

That is very helpful thank you! Looking at those pictures, I would say he is a Delta Tail. And he is very transparent in the light, you had it spot on! Thank you again. :)
Old 03-15-2011, 12:54 AM   #10 
nochoramet

Aww he's so cute! Good job on rescueing him :) And yes, he's a cellophane marble from what I can see. So pretty
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote