Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #31 
vaygirl

Fact - When I was a kid, I was the girl who could tame anyone's dog. All dogs loved me, even dogs who bit other people would come to me. Now, I'm afraid of big dogs. Totally afraid. It affects my basset, which is terrible. She's now afraid of them too. We're working on it a little more with every walk/adventure.

Fact - I worked for a Vet as a receptionist for about a year. That's where my fear started. Our office manager had this big vicious dog but I had no clue he was mean. I went to pet him (he was fine with it. I actually had my hand on his head) and she FLIPPED out. Then the dog flipped out and came after me and he hated me after that. She kept him in a big pen in the back and every time I would walk by he would bark and snarl and try to get me through the cage.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #32 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think he was ok until he picked up on her feelings and decided to be mean.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #33 
vaygirl

I told her that. That wasn't the first time that happened either. My ex had a dog he claimed bit everyone and I went into his house once and Scamp was sitting on the couch. He didn't seem bothered by me and I ignored him. We sat talking for a good hour and his sister came home and freaked when she saw Scamp in the room with me. He jumped right up and started growling at me. I kept telling her, You did that! He was fine until you got scared.

I work so hard at it now. It's a battle to not get afraid. I wish I could get back that calm I had when I was a kid. People were always amazed at the dogs I could approach. I keep trying.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #34 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think dogs can smell fear.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #35 
Tomsk

My hands were on U.K. television this week .
"Time team"on channel 4 were doing a war of the roses special about Bosworth battlefield and the medieval cannon balls found there.The program showed medieval cannons firing and one of the clips was of my hands mopping out a gun.

Tomsk
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #36 
gmd1800

FACT: I'm a total hockey junkie. I love watching hockey, and I can barely skate.

FACT: I've been riding horses for nearly fourteen years now.
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote