Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2011, 09:20 PM   #1 
xkatieebby

Dividing Help?

Hey there everyone. I do have another question, still learning.

I would like to have a tank that I can divide into three sections for three different betas. I would like to know the best size for this tank, and the best purchase. Like good tank for it's price. If I'm going to buy a bigger tank, I want it to already come with most of what it needs, aside decor and fish. Any advice?

Also I don't know how to divide a tank the right way, anyone know how?
xkatieebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #2 
PitGurl

For 3 bettas I would say nothing smaller then 10 gallons. Wal-mart sells a 10 gallon w/hood for around $40, I think. You would need 2 dividers which you can buy for around $10 each or you can make them yourself. There are several threads on how to make them.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #3 
xkatieebby

Where could I buy them?
Old 03-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #4 
laughing

I would highly suggest the $12 tanks at petsmart that are ten gallons. Its a longer one so it'll be perfect for dividing. There's a filter at walmart for $10 that does something like 5-10 gallons. I just bought this for mine and it flows really strong but you can baffle it in under 5 mind with a water bottle (there's a stickied thread somewhere showing you how) and it'll distribute the flow to the sections and make it quieter and a softer flow.

As for the top, critter tops are about $8 and are grated that would fit. If not that, a simple glass covering would work fine. Cheap version? Seran wrap!

A light can be a lamp that's held higher above the tank. And heaters can be sold for around $10 as well.

I woullike to add online there's sand for $4 a pound that's actual aquarium sand!

Good luck!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:32 PM   #5 
xkatieebby

Thanks but I don't mind spending a bit extra to make it nice.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #6 
laughing

Then I would definitely go for the ten gallon set, I have seen it at walmart and its actually really nice! I wanted to buy that. The mesh dividers are okay but personally I would just go find glass dividers somewhere so its nicer and more sturdy.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #7 
PewPewPew

You can purchase pre made dividers in most chain petstores like petco and petsmart for around $10. They are usually topfin and penplax (spelling D;)

Walmart does not sell them.

They are a worthy and sturdy investment, especially since youve said you dont mind spending a bit extra.

Post pics if/when you get a new tank!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #8 
xkatieebby

Thank you PewPew! I'll probably head to petsmart tonight. :P