Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #1 
davidbailey

Hydor mini submersible heater?

I'm thinking about getting them for my bettas. They seem like the best option but from what I've read, there's no set temperature so does that mean the water just keeps getting hotter? Currently, my room temp. is 67 degrees. My bettas seem "fine" but I know they need to be warmer. Plus, when I put in the air conditioner in May or June the room will probably be around 60 degrees :o Would the mini heater be good for a tank in a room of that temperature?
davidbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:44 PM   #2 
ollief9

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbailey View Post
I'm thinking about getting them for my bettas. They seem like the best option but from what I've read, there's no set temperature so does that mean the water just keeps getting hotter? Currently, my room temp. is 67 degrees. My bettas seem "fine" but I know they need to be warmer. Plus, when I put in the air conditioner in May or June the room will probably be around 60 degrees :o Would the mini heater be good for a tank in a room of that temperature?
I think they either are set to a certain temperature, or they raise the ambient room temperature by a few degrees.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #3 
davidbailey

Well it says about 5-10 degrees. So if the room temperature is about 64 or 65, the water would only go to 75? I just don't want it heating the water to the point of killing my fish :p
davidbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #4 
turtle10

Even 75 is too cold. I would really get an adjustable heater. This one is just not going to cut it in such a cold house.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote