Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2011, 05:06 PM   #1 
LemonTella

New Tank for Betta

Hi,

I'm looking for a little guidance.

I own a 3ft freshwater aquarium with a variation of mainly livebearers, an albino cat & 1 angelfish!

More to the point I have just gotten a 15Ltr tank for a siamese fighter that I'm thinking of getting.

Do I have to keep him on his own or is there anything else I can put in the tank?

I've got the filter up and running to start the cycle, I'd rather not get the fighter straight away in case anything happens! Is it a good idea to introduce him after a couple of other fish?

Any help would be great, Thanks!
LemonTella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #2 
shinybetta

That is roughly 3 gallons, correct? That is fine for one betta, but no tankmates other than shrimp or snails. Welcome too!
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #3 
Welsh

Yup, snails or some shrimp. The only problem with those options is...... snails are very messy and will add more bioload to your tank, which in a tank that small you really don't need unless you don't mind doing a few water changes a week, to keep everything under control :) as for the shrimp, well these make tasty snacks for betta's as I have found out the hard way lol they are pretty to look at though; when their not hiding lol If you do decide to have shrimp then make sure you have loads of plants and hiding places for them, also make sure you add de-chlorinator that doesn't have copper as shrimp are very sensitive to this and will kill them, also plant ferts sometimes have copper in them too so look out for that :)
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:07 PM   #4 
LemonTella

Thanks for your replies!

I'm not sure of the Ltr to Gal conversions so I believe you! Ha

I'll not both putting anything else in the tank then, as long as he'll be happy on his own that is fine with me!
LemonTella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #5 
Cravenne

He'll be very happy with that much room :)
Cravenne is offline   Reply With Quote