Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #41 
Slipstitch

I think he should be okay with that. Hope the ideas help! Honestly, the conditioners and if you wanna go all out a filter would be immensely cheaper than keeping stocked on water from the store. Glad you rescued him!
Slipstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #42 
hannah16

Yeah, I'm planning on upgrading him to a 10 gallon with a heater & filter in a week or week and a half. I also have to find him some nice plants, not sure if I should get the soft plastic ones like he has now, or real ones.. What real ones do you guys think I should buy? I also have to get some indian almond leaves to soften up his water.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #43 
PewPewPew

Get ones that match your level of experience and ability to care for them. FOr example, if youre "short on funds" as you say, getting a plant that needs cO2 and fertilizer might not be a great idea.

Also, I really dont suggest the bottled water. My water smells much the same, but is not toxic. If its toxic, then it probably wouldnt be provided from the water company. If its a well, then youd be sick. The conditioner will take it out.

For the fry, if you do the bottled thing, they will become used to that and when you try to switch, it will be a longer and annoying process.

Btw- in order to not stunt their growth (Im not sure how old they are) your fry will need daily or every other day water changes...If that four bucks eludes you, you really might want to reconsider buying water. It also lacks (severely) the netrients, etc found in tap water that fish need.

Most conditioners will remove everything.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #44 
hannah16

Okay - Thanks Pew.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:10 AM   #45 
Slipstitch

I don't know if you posted it already(I haven't seen it) but what kind of fry are you getting? My curiousity is desperate to know, lol
Slipstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #46 
hannah16

I'm getting these 3 cuties -

#1 Cello Male http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...minipins/1.jpg

#2 Cello Male (possibly female). May be a marble. http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...minipins/2.jpg

#3 Pastel Marble Male (he's marbled out right now but that can change) http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...minipins/3.jpg

I copied the titles that 1fish2fish gave these lil guys, and I saved these pictures so you guys can see. Once I get 'em and set them up I'll post some pictures of them :3.