Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #1 
akjadestar

Best filter?

I need to get a new filter, the one I have now is WAY too loud and I can't stand having it on. It's a Penguin BioWheel, small version...

My tank is 10 dollars and I'm looking for a quiet power filter that keeps the tank sparkly clean, and less than, say.... 40 dollars would be good [:
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #2 
Lion Mom

Don't know if you shop on-line or not, but I have this filter & LOVE it:

http://www.fish.com/item/aquatic-edg...oclear/701009/

It's quiet AND adjustable! :)

I have ordered from fish.com more than once & no problems!!!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:41 PM   #3 
aparr29

Quote:
Originally Posted by akjadestar View Post
I need to get a new filter, the one I have now is WAY too loud and I can't stand having it on. It's a Penguin BioWheel, small version...

My tank is 10 dollars and I'm looking for a quiet power filter that keeps the tank sparkly clean, and less than, say.... 40 dollars would be good [:
Whisper PF 10 (Tetra). Three stage filtration system with a carbon filter. You can not hear it at all and I think I paid $25.00.
Go to www.tetra-fish.com or go to any Pet Smart or Pet Supermarket and look under fish supplies. I love it. I also have a 10 gallon tank and after only a few day's my water was crystal clear. If you want, you can go to a larger power filter for 20 gallon tanks for just a few more dollars. Good Luck
aparr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:22 AM   #4 
kgplucker

I love this filter
http://www.petco.com/product/5409/Aq...l-Filters.aspx
It can be positioned either vertically or horizontally in your tank. And the flow is adjustable. I don't know what size your tank is, but I have the Duetto 50 in my 10 gallon tank with the flow turn down to minimum. Works great and cost about $25.
kgplucker is offline   Reply With Quote