Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #1 
JD3P

Can I use ciprofloaxin?

I was wondering if it's safe to use ciprofloaxin 500mg tablets for my fish. They are prescription pills from a doctor, not otc medication. I've tried a few things in the past and people have given me suggestions on products to buy. I can't afford to buy anymore medication for my fish and he's just getting worse because nothing has worked. Originally I thought it was fin rot, but now the spot that was rotting pretty much fell off. It is a dark blue color to begin with and that piece is slowly moving into the back of his body. Now I see he has white fuzz every now and then....so basically can I use this medication? I've read on numerous sites it's safe to use, but I wanted to double check on here. I also have a snail in the tank and live plants, will it hurt either of these?
These are the pills I found online they are selling specifically for fish, I figured I would follow the same instructions for dosing. http://www.amazon.com/Fish-Flox-Fort.../dp/B004FJL7VS

Thanks please help if you can! I don't think he has much time =[

Last edited by JD3P; 03-16-2011 at 05:46 PM.
JD3P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #2 
ChelseaK

Hmm.. interesting. I don't know but I'm curious as to what some experts will say. We have that ciprofloaxin for our pigs! Haha
ChelseaK is offline   Reply With Quote