Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2011, 09:41 AM   #1 
chelsmarie23

Unhappy What I almost did.

Oh goodness. Well I figured if anyone would appreciate my story, it would be the folks at bettafish.com. I took a visit to Petsmart yesterday to get Ignacio another leaf hammock and decided to take a peak at the bettas... bad idea. They had so many in clean cups (making it even more tempting because they looked extra beautiful). And I saw him... A BEAUTIFUL red veiltail. He looked pretty little compared to the others, but he was soooo cute! He was going crazy flaring at the bettas around him and he had a bubblenest built in his cup! My friend was encouraging me to get him, but I was unsure. First of all, I only have one betta at the moment. I don't know if I would feel bad for splitting my love between the two. Second, I didn't know if my grandmother would let me keep another. And third, I'm moving out next fall to live on campus. I know they allow you to house a betta, but I don't know about housing two of them. Make that three because my roomate has one too. So I walked around the petstore debating it. I came back over there and held his cup looking at him lovingly. Then this mom came up with her two sons and they were going to get two bettas. She said "Now if we get a blue one, we should get a red one too." I sighed and handed over my dream betta and told her he was healthy and happy. I said "Take him. If you don't, I will and I shouldn't." Half of me feels good about it, and the other half is full of regret.

I think I have a problem. I only have one betta, but I lust after the thought of having more. Sigh.
chelsmarie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #2 
carzz

I had a similar problem. I went to walmart and they had fish delivary that day. They had this orange butterfly veil tail male. He was like orange cream! Like a non shiny gold fish with half white tail. And I wanted him soo bad! Buy I had bought a betta the night before and my parents would have killed me. Well a week later, he was still there. I convinced my friend to get him and put him in the new tank she got. He looked soo happy. A week
Later he died. And I feel bad. :(
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #3 
Nutt007

Perhaps you should have given out some advise too. Now they might condemned to a a tiny bowl filled with unconditioned, cold, water. Whats worse is if they put them together. Sorry if I am coming off as harsh, I might be wrong. But if there is anything I hate, it is people who don't do their research!
Nutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #4 
Luimeril

try splitting your love between SEVEN. :d it's hard to do, and takes alot of time, but i give each one of my babies attention daily. even Theo, who kinda.... looks in my direction. i THINK he kinda sees me, but isn't too sure. x3c

i know some collages let you have a certain sized tank. have you thought about divided tanks?
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #5 
FuulieQ

I had so many tanks in my dorm room freshman year, it was absolutely ridiculous. :P My frogs had tadpoles, and we all know frogs don't have just three or four tadpoles... oh no, they have HUNDREDS.... and I just couldn't let them die...
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #6 
TaylorW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuulieQ View Post
I had so many tanks in my dorm room freshman year, it was absolutely ridiculous. :P My frogs had tadpoles, and we all know frogs don't have just three or four tadpoles... oh no, they have HUNDREDS.... and I just couldn't let them die...
Oh my goodness, I can only imagine! That sounds crazy!

My college has a 10 gallon limit, but I'm not sure if that is one 10 gallon tank, multiple tanks adding up to 10 gallons, or multiple tanks that are smaller than 10 gallons (like eleven 1 gallons).... *scratches head*
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:40 PM   #7 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
try splitting your love between SEVEN. :d it's hard to do, and takes alot of time, but i give each one of my babies attention daily. even Theo, who kinda.... looks in my direction. i THINK he kinda sees me, but isn't too sure. x3c

i know some collages let you have a certain sized tank. have you thought about divided tanks?

Try 17
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #8 
TheCrysCat

I don't think you divide your love, you just grow extra xD Like an extra arm or something. Or, wait, maybe that's kind of a weird comparison...
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:19 PM   #9 
hannah16

Rofl... I don't know how I'm gonna be able to go the betta show at the end of april.. I think I have to avoid bettas like the plague or whatever till then so I don't get a 5th or 6th because I know if I do, my mom will not let me get a 7th or 8th x.x....
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #10 
chelsmarie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutt007 View Post
Perhaps you should have given out some advise too. Now they might condemned to a a tiny bowl filled with unconditioned, cold, water. Whats worse is if they put them together. Sorry if I am coming off as harsh, I might be wrong. But if there is anything I hate, it is people who don't do their research!
Yeah :/ I did think about that after I left. I agree. people should definitely do their research.
chelsmarie23 is offline   Reply With Quote