Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #1 
hannah16

You'll Never Guess What I Did...

So, I went to walmart today looking for a rubbermaid tub or a tank for my 3 baby fry from 1fish2fish. I saw a 10 gallon for $12.87 and a 1 gallon starter kit for $7.97 with gravel, goldfish food, tap water cleaner, a net, and the tank. I chose the 1 gallon to start just for now.

I wandered over to the fish, pretty pretty fish... Betta Fish...x.x... I saw 3 or 4 females, 2-3 dark green/grey and 1 white female, and then one rack lower I see him.. A cute little red crowntail male, small and adorable.. I go back to the tanks and then to him, show him to my mom, Leave him on the rack.. Get in line and last minute "Mom, I'll pay for everything if you let me get that fish." ..She thinks.. "Okay." and I rush back, grab him, walk away then realize I forgot betta food x.x... Go back and get food, then get in line and spend abut $45-$50 on everything just to have my lil man <3.

I've named him Red after Hell Boy (Liz calls him Red). I think he might be a dragon as he has these silver scales over the red ones, there really small. I feel bad as he's in that small tank, but I'm going to upgrade him in about a week or 2, smale for my baby fry. Oh, forgot to mention that Reds' tank has no heater, but I put a heating pad under it to keep him warm. <3 God I love this guy. His water was kind of dirty, I just couldn't leave him. He flared at me in the car, I actually put him in my jacket to keep him warm. I feel bad that I left the females behind though v.v.. Maybe I can go back for them later.

I'm surprised though - You could tell these walmart betta were babies/young betta. Healthy considering the water is a bit cool and the water should be changed more. I'm a bit happy to say that's my walmart :3.

I hope this picture shows o.o..

hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #2 
hannah16

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...s/100_3190.jpg

Here We Go - Here's the best picture I have of Red. He's super camera shy and just wouldn't stay still. Lol.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #3 
Bettaluver4evr

Awww, what a pretty lil double ray CT! :) Nice of you to save him, he's cute! And congrats on getting those fry, they are so adorable! :D Pretty Red. :)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #4 
hannah16

Thanks! I just couldn't leave him, I'm not sure how to explain it but I guess it was love at first site. I just moved him into the new tank and I'm planning on feeding him a few flakes of food in about 10 minutes. Giving him time to settle and just flare at all the things around his tank. Lol, he's so freakin cute! I can't help it! <3!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #5 
kathstew

Aw! He is soooo adorable. He looks so young! Congrats on getting him!

And post updates about him and the new fry! Young bettas are sooo cute!
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:59 PM   #6 
Emmalea

Congrats on your fish!

Though I don't understand why you wouldn't just buy the ten gallon? It's a few dollers more and you are going to need to replace the 1 gallon soon and do dailey water changes untill then.
Plus now when you upgrade to a better tank you will need to buy a new heater that is the right size for it and you will just end up spending more money.
What are you going to put your fry in?
Emmalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:59 PM   #7 
Bettaluver4evr

Hahaha, aww! :) That's EXACTLY how I felt about my girl betta Luna! There were tons of females, but when I saw Luna I had to have her! But I couldn't get her for a week because I had to convince my mom and dad. But I finally got her and she's my favorite betta now! It's crazy, sometimes there is just a pull and you have to give in! :) Maybe later can you please post some more pics? :)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #8 
fishman12

Cute!
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:01 PM   #9 
hannah16

Oh I will! Trust me, I want to watch all the stages and everything. I'm surprised at how cheap the 10 gallons are at my walmart. It might just be the area I guess, but either way, when I get money I'm gonna buy 2 10 gallons, gravel, a lot of water (You know, bottled water or the jugs of water.) and a few plastic plants. And I really like the plant that is in my 1 gallon, its a super soft plant, if it wasn't he wouldn't have a plant in there, Lol.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #10 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmalea View Post
Congrats on your fish!

Though I don't understand why you wouldn't just buy the ten gallon? It's a few dollers more and you are going to need to replace the 1 gallon soon and do dailey water changes untill then.
Plus now when you upgrade to a better tank you will need to buy a new heater that is the right size for it and you will just end up spending more money.
What are you going to put your fry in?
Reason why is because I didn't have the few extra bucks x.x... Like I said I had to buy other things. Plus I wanted that one gallon as my change out tank for when I have to do 100% water changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettaluver4evr View Post
Hahaha, aww! :) That's EXACTLY how I felt about my girl betta Luna! There were tons of females, but when I saw Luna I had to have her! But I couldn't get her for a week because I had to convince my mom and dad. But I finally got her and she's my favorite betta now! It's crazy, sometimes there is just a pull and you have to give in! :) Maybe later can you please post some more pics? :)
I'll be posting pictures probably every week. Especially of my baby fry <3.