Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #11 
TheCrysCat

My are afraid of my finger xP they'll sort of hesitantly follow it, but if I put it right in front of their faces they'll back away.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #12 
gmd1800

With Hestia, I'll put my finger up against the glass and she'll follow it until she loses it behind my thermometer. With Octo, I do the same thing except he doesn't follow, he flares and throws a fit.

During mealtimes, I take the covers off the tanks and give them some "exercise" by having them chase down their pellets by dropping them in different corners of the tanks. I'm currently trying to think of ways of having them do tricks. :)
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #13 
Martinismommy

Here's what mine do when I come up to the tank lol I tell them you better not talk back to me or you are not going on that date with that pretty girl!
Martinismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #14 
kathstew

One time, I read about this boy who did an experiment. Keep in mind he did this with goldfish, but its still really cool. Everytime he would feed them, he would shine a light into the tank. After about a week or two, he shone the light into the tank before feeding them. The goldfish all swam to the top of the tank waiting for the food. XD

I love that. I think that would be such a cool trick. Although, my fish already come up to the top of their tank to see me. LOL

I let my boy follow my finger through the glass. My girl Ocean follows my finger in the water. My girl Drama Queen likes it when I go really close to the tank, then pull my head away from it, then go close again. She copies me doing it C:
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #15 
TheCrysCat

That's so cute! I wish my bettas flared at me. Midnight flared at me when he was in his cup at the pet store.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:52 AM   #16 
Slipstitch

I got smacked on the nose by one of my girls today, lol. Was looking really close at the water trying to see something and she jumped out and got my nose wet. Brat! Lol. I'm going to try training the girls to jump for their food here soon. My boys are still in recovery mode from petco, I want to wait till they're more active before I try it with them.
Slipstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:59 AM   #17 
CrowntailxKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstitch View Post
I got smacked on the nose by one of my girls today, lol. Was looking really close at the water trying to see something and she jumped out and got my nose wet. Brat! Lol. I'm going to try training the girls to jump for their food here soon. My boys are still in recovery mode from petco, I want to wait till they're more active before I try it with them.
Lief, my male, will jump a little bit for bloodworms. I got a pair of tweezers, put a small chunk of frozem bloodworms in some water so they separate from one another, pick up a nice-sized one and then hover it slightly over the surface of his water. He doesn't do a spectacular jump or anything, but he gets his head out of the water at least :) It's so funny to watch him wiggle his body while under the water still, preparing for the jump. Off topic, but when I introduced the first female to his tank (behind a divider) he was either really happy or really frustrated and dropped a big turd. It was hilarious xD
CrowntailxKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:02 AM   #18 
Slipstitch

Rofl!
Old 03-18-2011, 02:35 AM   #19 
YoshesMom

I get up real close and talk to them if they flare at me i tell them Dont sass mom ill spank your fins!
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:41 AM   #20 
Slipstitch

Lmao, I love talking to my bettas. They tend to look at me like "uh huh... Okay... Um... When do I get my food? Are you done yet? Play with me and shush!"