Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2011, 12:10 AM   #1 
MrVampire181

Fighter betta scammer dispute!

*Disclaimer* I am in no way, shape, or form involved in betta fights or fighter bettas.

Ok so there are two sellers on youtube, Justin Vang and Ian Deans. They were cool at first but now I'm starting to see them as they really are. So the first few videos involving Ian are an unboxing of **dead** fish by Justin Vang...who continues to praise Ian. Then I see an unboxing video from Justin from youtube seller slontube09 who traded him 8 fish for 3 fighters. Each pair from slontube09 was worth about $20 but Justin turned around and sold JUST the males for...wait for it....$45 dollars PER MALE (these were show HMPKs BTW). Ok so the next major failure comes with slontube09 unpacking his fish from Justin.....He opens the box to a heat pack and a bunch of tissue paper....the heat pack was laying DIRECTLY on the fish bags...note that heat packs reach an average temperature of up to 150F. Not only is the packing a failure but he labeled the box....in big letters....LIVE FISH (a no-no). Ok so then I see Justin's site claiming that his grand father in Thailand sends him quality stock....if his grandpa is doin that why is he buying from Ian? Next is fees...It is $17 to ship a small box (never over $9 IME) of fish, ADD $3 for a heat pack AND $4 for BUBBLE WRAP!!! Bubble wrap does NOTHING to insulate the box from extreme temps. Next is their need to copy me...I use reflective foil insulation in my shipping boxes...Ian then decides to line his box with TIN FOIL!! Also neither of them will tell you where they get their stock..very fishy (pun intended).

They are cheap scammers and I warn you guys to just stear clear of them (which you guys already do since they're scammers).

End rant.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:28 AM   #2 
PewPewPew

Hisssss D:< That sucks!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:31 AM   #3 
MrVampire181

Yes it does....Justin tried to buy my super reds and Ian my super blacks. I refuse both sale/trade. Did I mention Ian has had very few succesful shipments...almost all are DOA.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:11 AM   #4 
baylee767

WOW. I mean... WOW.

That's a big rip off, who falls for that? I certainly wouldn't... these guys sounds terrible. Really? I don't know... that's just a HUGE scam, bigger than anything I'd think someone would really attempt like that.

Also, lol, what would happen if I stole your idea? Might ^.^
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #5 
tsoto80

Im guessing they dont provide money back option either
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #6 
Luimeril

he tried to sell me a cambodian HM for $35 once. shipping costs not included. he's a cool dude to talk to, but i dunno if i'd BUY any fish from him. rumors are circulating that he buys and resells pet store fish, too.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #7 
MrVampire181

Ya I've heard the same thing. I just saw a new video of some guy unboxing his second box of dead bettas....they were not double bagged and the heat pack was just a hand warmer. Ian says that we can't say his fish are low quality by the way he packs and ships.....uh yes we can.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #8 
bettafish15

Sheesh! Thats terrible!
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #9 
Luimeril

wow. :/ just paper towels and tiny baggies?
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #10 
1fish2fish

There are cammers in everything unfortunately. I don't think any of you were here when a certain member I won't name decided to sell some of her fish then suddenly disappeared, taking member's money and never sending the fish. Sad thing is I recently found a forum that she seems to belong to. No doubt back up to her old tricks of hoarding and stealing fish.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote