Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2011, 11:07 PM   #11 
gmd1800

Hestia update: Her tail's rapidly growing back in. She's scheduled for a water change tomorrow. Water's very clean and warm. She seems perfectly okay. Hasn't tried to jump in the last few days. :)

According to my boyfriend, she jumped out of the tank to my shoulder height (I'm 5'0, so that was probably four feet off the ground), and then hit the carpet. That was a four foot fall, she's lucky.
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:54 AM   #12 
LittleBettaFish

Don't worry, bettas are pretty durable. One of my plakat males jumps out if I'm not paying attention and lean too close to his tank (he thinks he is getting fed). The drop is about a metre and a half to the carpet and aside from being a little fuzzy, he's always none the worse for wear.

It scares the hell out of you when they go sailing by. Mine do this butt wiggle when they're going to jump so I know to shoo them away with my finger.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote