Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #21 
amp7594

when i saw the eggs for the first time i went out to buy brine shrimp eggs and i found them so i began the hatching process and ill only be gone for 4 days so i dont think killing them is a good idea
amp7594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #22 
turtle10

But why were they together if you were going to go on a trip?
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #23 
Emmalea

I would also like to know the answer to Turtles question.
Emmalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

That's why I don't believe in housing males and females together. Accidents will happen, then you end up with babies that you're not prepared to take care of.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #25 
turtle10

I think she was in one of those suctiony plastic breeder things in the males tank….. but why?
Old 03-18-2011, 10:12 PM   #26 
Luimeril

i've heard so many stories about those things. they do NOT work. the males almost always get out, or jump to the neighbor's cube, or they fall, or.....

this is exactly why i will never use those things. when i decide to divide a tank, i'm siliconing the dividers down, and making sure they can NOT move. ._o
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #27 
BettaHeart

I think he was going to breed them thats why the female was in the tank in the first place, but i think it was foolish to just beginning conditioning then decide on taking a vacation while in the middle of it.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #28 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaHeart View Post
I think he was going to breed them thats why the female was in the tank in the first place, but i think it was foolish to just beginning conditioning then decide on taking a vacation while in the middle of it.
That is what I don't understand, why would someone do that? Foolish indeed.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #29 
amp7594

well what you guys are not understanding is she was in the betta security thing because they were being cultured and i figured by the time i got back (4 days) they would be ready to go. And im not really sure why everyone is giving me so much criticism when all i wanted was advice..did you guys do everything right the first time you tried to breed, im trying to learn.. you cant learn to walk before you learn to crawl right? and yes im aware that it isnt good that im going on vacation and there are fry to be looked after but it was out of my control so it would be nice if i got a little less discouragment. thanks
amp7594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #30 
turtle10

When you condition a betta you must feed them everyday. Leaving them without food for four days is not good if you were planning on breeding them. How could they be ready to go if they are fasted for four days? Plus you shouldn't condition the female and male together. They need to be separate. Those breeder things are tiny and keeping a female in there is just going to stress her, not condition her. Of course people sometimes make mistakes, but there is a difference is making a mistake and being a little bit irresponsible, like the set up you had. It is never advised to use those breeder things. And it wasn't out of your control, you were the one that put her in there. I am not trying to be rude in any way, but they are living beings and it is a serious matter.

What is done is done, and you know not to do this in the future, so the only thing left to do is to care for the fry. BTW the bbs won't last four days.