Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #1 
Firework88

I Moved Firework To Bigger Tank

I Move Firework To 1 Gallon Critter Keeper And Put A Cave And Bought A Bettatherm Heater! It Stays About 75 In There And He Is Really Active Now And I Have A Bigger critter keeper about 2.5 gallons i may move him too but i want another betta too!
Firework88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #2 
xkatieebby

You say you moved him to a 1 gallon critter keeper like that's so amazing. That's still NOT enough room for your betta. especially if you put stuff in there as well for him, that just takes up more room. fail, sry. He needs more room to thrive.
xkatieebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #3 
Firework88

I Am Sorry

I Am Sorry Ya Think I Fail At Keeping Bettas I Don't Have A Whole Lot Of Room I Already Breed Cockatiels And Have 3 Dogs, I Will Move Him To 2.5 Gallon And Stop Posting On Here Cause Some Of You Guys Are To Crazy For Your Bettas Its Just Fish! I Mean I Like Bettas And Try To Care For It As Much As I Can But What Happen To People Keeping Bettas In Vases? Its Like Now They Need 5-10 gallons, And Are Harder To Keep. I Use To Just Hear That They Are Fine In The Betta Tanks. Well I Ain't Getting On This Forum Anymore Bye For Now!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:18 AM   #4 
xkatieebby

over reacting, just trying to help.
xkatieebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #5 
mywingedhorses

xkatieebby, a 1 gallon may not seem like much but if he's moving from a much smaller tank without a heater to this one, it is an improvement. As long as regular water changes are done, some bettas do quite well in 1 gallon tanks. Sure, a larger tank may be preferable but until the OP upgrades to something bigger, a heated 1 gallon will do fine.

I'm glad to hear that Firework is happy in his new home.
mywingedhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:28 AM   #6 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkatieebby View Post
You say you moved him to a 1 gallon critter keeper like that's so amazing. That's still NOT enough room for your betta. especially if you put stuff in there as well for him, that just takes up more room. fail, sry. He needs more room to thrive.
wow that was very rude! A 1 gallon is fine as long as the water changes are met. Dont insult people when you dont have the facts cause it makes you look like a fool.
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #7 
Firework88

I am Sorry its just that i am getting frustrated cause i am trying to do better and people are trying to tell me i am failing and actually it looks more like a 2 gallon? I really ain't sure i will post pics but he seems happy and its alot more room and he is more active i think cause of the heater and also will it be better moved in the 2.5 gallon critter keeper with some live plants to maybe keep it healthier? the 1 he is in doesn't look crowded now but he is a shy boy likes to hide in cave during day and comes out at night! He spreads his fins out wide and flares at his reflection. I think he is a Super Delta Tailed and ohh i saw one look just like it on aquabid and they had it labeled as a red/gold dragon looked just like him. I will do 25% water change twice a week or is that to much? Cause it has no filter
Old 03-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #8 
denaliwind

I think you did just fine. If 1 gallon was an upgrade, hurray for your betta! And now he has a heater? Even better. :D Glad to hear he's happy and active... and welcome to the forum. XP
With a 1 gal you could do 100% once a week with a 50% in between. ^^
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #9 
scootshoot

Regardless of the cost, he is a living organism which relies on their owners to keep them healthy.

What some of the posters are getting at is if you want to have a betta and watch him fulfill his full life expectancy (5++ years), as a responsible fish hobbyist there are steps to take to improve the odds. 1 gallon is fine and several posters have had success with it, just be prepared to do daily maintenance. If you are unable to keep up with the latter, don't be surprised if he gets sick or perishes early and you find yourself scurrying off to buy another, which is not a bad thing for pet shops as they will gladly sell you a replacement
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #10 
Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkatieebby View Post
You have to be the most RUDE person I've seen on this forum. There's no use arguing with you about how completely rude your post was. It's clear that your intention wasn't to help Firework, but it was to make Firework feel bad when he/she was clearly trying to celebrate an update. If you can't be respectful then you have no place on a forum.
Corpse is offline   Reply With Quote