Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #1 
Comatose

What other fish do you own?

So, I'm just curious, but what other fish do you own? I know we all have bettas, but is anyone else interested in other kinds of fish? I have four angelfish and a pair of venustus cichlids.
Comatose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

I keep and breed-currently-Bettas, longfin albino bushynose pleco, neon tetra, longfin gold and silver danios, fantail gold body guppies, fantail dark body guppies, red cherry shrimp and the yellow color morph shrimp, marble crayfish... and propagate 15 different species of tropical plants and of course snails but I don't have to do anything...lol......

In the past I have kept and bred several other species of fish and inverts-I would have to get my fish logs for the exact number...

I really, really want to get some true freshwater dwarf puffers to keep and breed...but I keep putting Bettas in the tanks I setup for them...laffs.....one day I will get them....lol.....and I have always wanted to keep and breed Discus but I have too hard well water and don't want to mess with RO units and of course I have dreamed of keeping a saltwater tank one day...but its only a dream....lol....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #3 
vaygirl

I keep a dwarf puffer, Endler's livebearers (I've really been wanting to breed them but I need a true trio. Mine have fancy guppy in them), and some corydoras cats.

I've always, always wanted an Oscar or a Red Devil. I had a friend that had a Red Devil and I always interacted with him. His name was Doozer, cause he moved stuff all over his tank like doozers in Fraggle Rock. Alas, I don't have the floor space for the huge tank they'd need.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #4 
iheartmybettas

Our 75 has a 10" Oscar, 2 blood parrots, 2 jack dempseys, 2 green terrors and 3 albino convicts. I know it's overstocked but we bought it last from someone stocked that way. It actually had 5 additional stripped convicts but sold those. I have to do a lot of water changes until our 2nd canister filter parts get here.

Our 55 gallon has an angelfish, 2 bala sharks, red tip shark, high fin tetras and a 10" common pleco (came in the 75 but he's just to big with it already overstocked)

29 gallon hex with African cichlids

48 breeder with fancy tail guppy females and a boat load of babies.

29 long with 2 goldfish

29 tall with male guppies and neon tetras and common pleco.

We plan on setting up another 75 gallon that's sitting in the garage with discus. That's not final yet though.

I really want to do a peacock cichlid tank.
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:13 AM   #5 
laughing

Currently I have a 20 gallon tank that is filled with 5 balloon mollies and 1 GlowFish. This tank houses 2 gorgeous males and 3 females with the Glow. I will most likely add a couple more Glows then stop there. Even though I could *technically* keep adding, I love watching my fishies have ALLLLL that space!

I want to breed them, too. Mainly because I want to get a 55 gallon tank for Bolivian Rams and some other kind of fish. Maybe rasboras, danios, etc. Considering getting an oscar or gourami, too. I feel like if I can successfully breed the mollies I'll have a better idea of what to do and to expect for when breeding the rams! BUT, I don't have space for a tank that size right now, so the day will come ;)

I have an empty 5 or 7 gallon, something like that. I would like to use this for the fry from my girls, but I might just get something smaller, like a critter carrier or something and use it for something else. Ehh, we'll see.

Most likely will buy a 6-10 gallon to divide for my future bettas! The 6 gallon may have 2-3 sections in it, and the 10 gallon will have between 3-5 sections. Just depends on how I feel my bettas will be the most comfortable and how many I can handle!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #6 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Currently I only have a few kinds of live bearers (guppy, molly, and platy), 2 kinds of crayfish. And in the big pond/pool I have 4 large catfish and a white giant gurami.

In the past I've had snakeheads, eels, oscars, lauhans (don't know English name), angels, gold fish, and many kinds of smaller fish that I don't know the names of.

Through out the years, I've always had bettas.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #7 
1fish2fish

I have some neon tetras and some fancy guppies. I also have one mystery snail and a host of malaysain trumpet snails.

Evenutally I want an Oscar or possibly some other large cichlid as well as a few other tropical fish.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #8 
shinybetta

Hatchetfish, corydoras, albino bushynose plecos, guppies, marbled crayfish, blueberry shrimp, red cherry shrimp, ghost shrimp, mystery snails, other assorted snails. On my "getting soon list" are a banjo catfish, more corydoras (wild caught), false penguin tetras, otocinclus, and glass catfish. I would love to try discus and german blue rams.

Indjo: I am pretty sure lauhans are flowerhorns.

Last edited by shinybetta; 03-19-2011 at 09:27 PM.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:49 PM   #9 
Comatose

O_O Wow. I didn't realise you guys had so many different kinds of fish.
Comatose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:32 PM   #10 
Jupiter

A fancy goldfish. :)

And not really other fish, but I have a few Bumblebee and Cherry shrimp, as well as an assassin snail.

Thoguh if I had the space and money I'd have a ton of different fish. ;)
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote