Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2011, 12:39 AM   #31 
19wEEdmAstEr25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
Thank you for being so respectful! Some people get really offended when they're given constructive criticism, which is a shame.
In order to make things better we have to take note on criticisms and act on them. That's why I joined this forum, to make right the things I'm doing wrong. I look at the big picture when interpreting opinions, I always agree if it's all for the good of Betta fish.

Thanks for your remark!
19wEEdmAstEr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:42 AM   #32 
TheCrysCat

Yup! It's the same thing with writing, which is a major passion of mine. If someone gives you advice to make your writing better, TAKE IT! Now, it's another thing if it's just criticism with nothing to improve on, but...
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:04 AM   #33 
Abby

Im a writer too :)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:05 AM   #34 
TheCrysCat

That's cool :) I love writing.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:07 AM   #35 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19wEEdmAstEr25 View Post
In order to make things better we have to take note on criticisms and act on them. That's why I joined this forum, to make right the things I'm doing wrong. I look at the big picture when interpreting opinions, I always agree if it's all for the good of Betta fish.

Thanks for your remark!

excuse my rudeness im madly tabbing between sites and open threads lol
Old 03-19-2011, 01:07 AM   #36 
19wEEdmAstEr25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
rule of thumb around here is 2 gal my 5 gal has 3 and the other will have 4 ladies but thats only because they are all from one spawn and never had issues
Your telling me you have at least one hundred seperate containers for your males.
yeah its a very much need to watch thing so you get Daddy out at the right time.
I am desperate to try my hand at spawning but need to wait till i have my shelving set up for more room and ive spoken to local store to rehome the fish
According to what I've read and experienced (obviously twice isn't enough) during my last attempt in spawning, only few will survive (actually many variables in effect) but my 200+ fries for the first 2 days have been reduced down to less than 50 (estimated) after the 8th day and gradually they perished. I based on that rate (even if it was flawed result because of the presence of film on the surface, CDEATH), thinking that the failure still gave me some usable data. That's why I need not a hundred small tanks. I wasn't expecting more than 20-30 survivors, less males too, because females would definitely dominate in numbers. Well, they say with the right conditions and starting food (infusoria) you would get at least 90% survival rate. If it seems to flow to that direction (being so lucky with 90% surviving) on my next spawning, definitely I would get more small tanks. Anyway, I can begin purchasing tanks when I can distinguish males from female fries in about 2 month's time. So I have ample time to prepare.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:10 AM   #37 
Abby

im a person who likes to be prepared before time lol
Old 03-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #38 
19wEEdmAstEr25

Now I'm quite sure Wall-E is a Round Tail
Old 03-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #39 
FuulieQ

He may still be growing. :) Sometimes it's hard to tell when they're young and they've had some fin damage. He's very pretty, though.

Personally I like to see at least 2.5 gallons of water per fish, and I think some hiding places would help in their tanks, but as long as the water is changed appropriately and heated you're doing a well enough job.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #40 
Abby

LOVE the colours