Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #121 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafreak33 View Post
But they ARE RELATED.
I didn't say they weren't. You said they were dogs, and I was just correcting you.

Apes and humans are related, doesn't mean we require the same care.

Wolves and dogs are GENETICALLY similar, but personality and temperament wise they are not. So it really doesn't matter that they are related.

The point is your puppy HAS TO HAVE proper care. That means being inside with humans, and only going outside to pee pee or play (ALWAYS supervised). PLEASE don't get a puppy if your are just going to leave it outside to suffer in lonely misery. They need to constantly be stimulated.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #122 
bettafreak33

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
I didn't say they weren't. You said they were dogs, and I was just correcting you.

Apes and humans are related, doesn't mean we require the same care.

Wolves and dogs are GENETICALLY similar, but personality and temperament wise they are not. So it really doesn't matter that they are related.

The point is your puppy HAS TO HAVE proper care. That means being inside with humans, and only going outside to pee pee or play (ALWAYS supervised). PLEASE don't get a puppy if your are just going to leave it outside to suffer in lonely misery. They need to constantly be stimulated.
You support PETA don't you?
bettafreak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #123 
Littlebittyfish

To the OP, I suggest you join a good dog or chihuahua message board.Dogster has a nice message board area.This isn't really the place to discuss new puppy. I do agree with what everyone is saying though.You could ask advise on keeping outdoor dogs on the dog message board though maybe?I am sure they will say most of what everyone is trying to tell you here however.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #124 
turtle10

Quote:
You support PETA don't you?
No actually, I don't. PETA doesn't want anyone to own pets at all. I just want people to treat their pets right.

This may sound harsh, but it is true:

If you just leave your puppy outside that is animal abuse. Plain and simple. You will be depriving it of the stimulation and play that it absolutely NEEDS. A puppy requires MUCH more care than just food, water, and a vet.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #125 
bettafreak33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
To the OP, I suggest you join a good dog or chihuahua message board.Dogster has a nice message board area.This isn't really the place to discuss new puppy. I do agree with what everyone is saying though.You could ask advise on keeping outdoor dogs on the dog message board though maybe?I am sure they will say most of what everyone is trying to tell you here however.
I didn't start this thread asking everyone if I needed to add anything besides bettafix.I mentioned I would be tight on money because I am getting a puppy.And they just started to blow up at me.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:53 PM   #126 
turtle10

Quote:
I didn't start this thread asking everyone if I needed to add anything besides bettafix.I mentioned I would be tight on money because I am getting a puppy.And they just started to blow up at me.
I didn't blow up. I am just trying to ensure that your dog doesn't have issues. I have told you what you need to do, it is just up to you to actually do it. Unfortunately I can't take care of your animals for you, so yeah I am going to say something if you are doing it wrong.

You also got angry at us for telling you not to use the betta fix. So this all happened before the dogs.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #127 
jespenguin

You asked how to treat finrot, aquarium salt was suggested. You got bettafix, that was advised against because it harms bettas. You persisted to use it, and say you cant find salt? I work at a grocery store that sells both aquarium and uniodized. So, regardless of the puppy, the fish is suffering because of the sheer neglect to listen. I hope your snappy comebacks make you feel cool.

On an unrelated note, this thread motivated me to gravel vac and do some PWC's. Sometimes I feel like the furry friends get my attention, but clearly there are worse fish owners as well.
jespenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #128 
bettafreak33

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
I didn't blow up. I am just trying to ensure that your dog doesn't have issues. I have told you what you need to do, it is just up to you to actually do it. Unfortunately I can't take care of your animals for you, so yeah I am going to say something if you are doing it wrong.

You also got angry at us for telling you not to use the betta fix. So this all happened before the dogs.
I didn't get angry that ya'll told me not to use it.I got mad because someone blew up at me because she told me that it was "bad"for my betta.(I only gave him HALF the dose)
Old 03-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #129 
turtle10

Quote:
I didn't get angry that ya'll told me not to use it.I got mad because someone blew up at me because she told me that it was "bad"for my betta.(I only gave him HALF the dose)
Because it basically is bad for your betta. It may heal the fin rot, but it will do that while destroying their kidneys. And that is not a good reason to get mad at some one.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #130 
TheCrysCat

And giving a crap about an animal is not the same as being part of a group who seems to have a serious grudge against mankind :P
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote