Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #31 
bettafreak33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmalea View Post
Well then maybe you should choose between baseball and fish keeping since you clearly don't have time for both.

You shouldn't keep your puppy outside, they need to be with their people of they will have major issues when they grow up.

If your dad doesn't know much about bettas then he shouldn't be giving you advice on medicating them.
Congratulations!You have been added to my ignore list.
bettafreak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:03 PM   #32 
Luimeril

we understand that, but we also know the dangers of misinformation. bettafix, if i'm not mistaking, is like melafix, which has Tea Tree Oil, which has been proven to damage they're labyrinth. i know i sound like a broken record with that, but i'm just looking out for your betta. clean, warm water, Indian Almond Leaf(or even decaf green tea bags, if you can't get your hands on IAL), and Aquarium Salt(or... if i'm not mistaking, kosher salt with out the yellow caking stuff, if you can't get to a pet store or walmart. someone else will have to comment on that part) will cure and heal his fin rot in less than 2 weeks. it's alot of work, but part of having a betta in a small tank. i have 2 bettas in a tank smaller than 2.5 gallons, so that's daily or every other day water changes for those two. everyone else is in a 2.5 or 3 gallon, so that's water changes every 3 days. i have7 bettas. that's at least one water change every day of the week. and, i'm a busy gal. i may not have homework or ball practice, but i have other things that must be done every day, and i'm planning on starting work soon(hopefully). but, it's something that must be done, if i want my fish to stay healthy. once i get some good money flow in, i do plan on upgrading all 7, to two divided 20 gallons, so that i don't have to change water every single day of the week, but until then, it must be done. if you don't want to change your fish's water every day, get a larger tank. what happened to the 5 gallon your first one was in?
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:07 PM   #33 
turtle10

I don't believe that you don't have like 10 minutes to do a water changes, and if you are that busy then why are you getting another pet? And why would you risk the medicine? Your dad may be an experienced fish keeper, but he is not an experienced betta keeper. The members on here are, so I would listen to them. You won't be able to see the damage until it is too late. Just don't risk the medicine, use the natural salt and water change method.

Not related to fish but you brought it up:

Puppies should NOT be kept outside. They are developing and need to be interacted with basically constantly. You should never just keep a dog outside because it is convenient. You need to train and socialize your puppy. Just keeping it outside so you don't have to clean up after it is cruel.
turtle10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:08 PM   #34 
Emmalea

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafreak33 View Post
Oh noes, what will I ever do with myself.
Some little child has blocked me *crys*
Emmalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:10 PM   #35 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafreak33 View Post
You shouldn't ignore someone just because you don't like their advice. Nothing emmalea said should be ignored, she is right. I think you just don't want to hear you are wrong.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #36 
Emmalea

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
I don't believe that you don't have like 10 minutes to do a water changes, and if you are that busy then why are you getting another pet? And why would you risk the medicine? Your dad may be an experienced fish keeper, but he is not an experienced betta keeper. The members on here are, so I would listen to them. You won't be able to see the damage until it is too late. Just don't risk the medicine, use the natural salt and water change method.

Not related to fish but you brought it up:

Puppies should NOT be kept outside. They are developing and need to be interacted with basically constantly. You should never just keep a dog outside because it is convenient. You need to train and socialize your puppy. Just keeping it outside so you don't have to clean up after it is cruel.
Thank you!
I agree 100%
The thought of someone keeping a puppy outside makes me so sad :(
Old 03-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #37 
turtle10

I know! There is no way the puppy will develop properly like that. Puppies are like clay and need to be molded. How are you supposed to "mold" a puppy while it is just left outside? And to leave it outside just because you don't want to clean up after it is just wrong. If you don't want to care for a dog, then don't get one. Being that it is a living creature, dogs poop. No way of getting around that, gotta clean it up, you can't just leave it outside. A puppy should only be outside under supervision.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:16 PM   #38 
ANHEL123

Hi guys i love bettas i feel bad to read ur threads. bettafreak33 i can mail to u aquarium salt and IAL. U have more then one betta so if i can help it make me feel batter. I did it before to a few people. If u want just PM me with ur address i will gladly mail it to u.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:22 PM   #39 
Luimeril

i've had dogs all my life. that's going on 24 years of dogs. only TWO have EVER been 100% outside dogs. the first, was a chow/german shepard mix named Bear. and, it honestly was HIS choice. o.o he was outside for a day while mom had company over, and he loved it and refused to come inside. we gave him water 2 to 3 times a day, more if it was hot, and he got hay, blankets, and pillows when it was cold out.

the other, was a Sheltie named Beu. but, he, like Bear, chose to be outside, and got pampered just like Bear did. both had interactions with humans constantly, though, and were not outside because of their mess.

thanks, Turtle, for speaking up. was i, in any way, rude? o.o
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:26 PM   #40 
Emmalea

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
I know! There is no way the puppy will develop properly like that. Puppies are like clay and need to be molded. How are you supposed to "mold" a puppy while it is just left outside? And to leave it outside just because you don't want to clean up after it is just wrong. If you don't want to care for a dog, then don't get one. Being that it is a living creature, dogs poop. No way of getting around that, gotta clean it up, you can't just leave it outside. A puppy should only be outside under supervision.
I know, I've seen first hand what dogs who don't have a good "puppyhood" are like. My girl was a stray as a puppy and she is really odd, I love her dearly but a lot of people wouldn't.

People who don't want to clean up puppy mess shouldn't get puppys.