Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #1 
PewPewPew

A great store!

Do you live in (very!) upstate NY or VT? If so, you really have to visit this pet shop I went to today. I normally hate shops because theyre gross and dont care for their animals correctly, but these guys know whats up.

I went to The Pet Advantage ( http://www.thepetadvantage.com/fresh-water/ ) and was amazed. As soon as you walk in, BOOM!

FISH TANKS FISH TANKS FISH TAAANNKKKSS!

But not the usual, grimy, over stocked ones, no! Theyre huge and stocked appropriatley. Even their goldfish were in very large tanks, with only a handful of fish in each. All their fish were so healthy, I was nearly in tears (lol!) They had both fresh and salt water tanks, even a koi pond with a koi that could easily eat my hand ;D

BUTBUTBUT! THE BETTAS!

So.Clean.SO.CLEAN. All those cups (sadly, yes, cups) were great- clean, no poopies or food, nothing! One little guy had a nest going. All were moving around, vibrant and werent your typical shop bettas- they had CTs, VTs (uncommon colors), PK and HMPKs! THere was a little HMPK man, white with dragon scaling (they even knew what that was! WHAT!) I wanted him so bad. The bettas were even in a nice warm spot, atop a hooded aquarium (200gallons x-x) which was a bit warm to the touch.

They really knew their stuff, too. I asked a man a ton of questions and he knew the answer to all of them. They even cut my driftwood for free! Ah!

I bought wisteria from them (a huge sprig/cluster) for only $4, healthy as can be. In that tank was a few fish, snails, and a homely looking betta (one a bit too ugly to find a home, so they put it there! :D)

What was most striking was that the sales people were honest, I needed help comparing two fertilizers and the man who helped me told me the cheaper was better. Wow, thats sooo not Petsmart right there! :/

Before checkout, I got to shoot 3 balls into a basket ball hoop for a discount...Got one and got 15% off :D So much fun <3

Check that site out, even their "care sheet" on bettas is alright- I disagree with a few things but hey, its not bad at all.

Here's some of my bounty ;D

The cut driftwood (woo!), the wisteria (giant, size of my thigh!), the noms (just happy about getting!) and the little snail that came with the plant (Mr.Shakes- the snail that shakes his shell LOL)

Name:  2011-03-18 14.42.33.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  80.9 KB

Name:  2011-03-18 14.51.40.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  108.8 KB

Name:  2011-03-18 14.45.14.jpg
Size:  91.3 KB

Name:  2011-03-18 17.35.48.jpg
Size:  86.5 KB
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #2 
Sweeda88

That's so cool! I'm glad you found a great store!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #3 
PewPewPew

I know! I wish more people on here were from this area! Not a whole lot of good stores, so this is like a diamond amongst marbles! <3
Old 03-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #4 
Sweeda88

Oh, speaking of stores, I purchased a pretty spunky female Betta from Wal*Mart today. She was so hungry that she kept trying to eat the poop in her cup and kept spitting it out! She was really active, though. So I bought her. She's so cute!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #5 
PewPewPew

Awww! Thats so saddd! Im glad to hear she's in good spirits, though. Sometimes Walmart fish are less than healthy. :c
Heehee, "little fish, we don't eat poo in this house!
But, but!
No poo for you!"
Old 03-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #6 
Sweeda88

She's super active, and so I'm not worried. She was so happy when she got in the tank, and I've fed her twice today. She snapped that food right up! I always worry that my new fish won't eat. One of the reasons I got her was because she seemed so hungry, that and that she has lavender fins. I can't wait to see how she colors up.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:19 PM   #7 
PewPewPew

...And post pics, yes? :D !!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #8 
Sweeda88

I don't have a camera. I returned mine because it SUCKS SO BAD, which is one of the reasons I had money to get her. I'll take pictures the next time my sister comes over and I can use her phone.