Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #1 
davidbailey

Unhappy Betta not eating.

So yesterday I found myself at petco....again and I ended up buying another betta because this one was just perfect. He's a translucent double tail with streaks of pink and ice blue eyes. But anyways since I got him home, he won't eat. He doesn't even acknowledge the food that I feed him. What's wrong with him?
davidbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #2 
Cravenne

He is probably just getting used to his new surroundings.

If your water parameters and your water temperature are good, no visible wounds or spots or bloated belly on him, I'd just give him some time to adjust. Offer food daily and remove what he doesn't eat. He won't starve himself. A healthy Betta can go a couple of weeks without food.

I think a lot of LFS feed bloodworms, so when these boys get home and are served pellets they don't want it. He'll eat eventually.
One of my boys didn't eat for an entire week..then he got hungry and gave in. Now he is constantly begging. Be patient and keep offering a high quality pellet... :)
Cravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:40 PM   #3 
turtle10

Did you get him a heater and a tank of at least two gallons? And remember to do enough water changes, the amount you were doing before was not ok.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote