Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #1 
Luimeril

Talking Neat colors, and a partly blind boy!

so, i've been having that New Betta Itch for a while now, and finally got my chance to get one today. i didn't have anything in mind when i went to go get him(or her), and decided, whatever called to me would be the one. after hearing that a good friend of mine in Japan, died in the Tsunami last week, i decided, i would name a betta after him, in memory of our friendship, so a male it was!

i went shopping today, with my mind set on getting a new betta. first, a trip to the evil walmart, for puppy pee pads for the puppy. >3> i went to make sure they didn't have bettas, but was saddened to see they did. :< so, i checked them over, was pleased to see relativly clean water and only one ill betta(he was probably there forever, and had fin rot to the point of a teeny tail. not like Remy's, but bad enough. almost got him, poor boy). i re-arranged them, and was stunned to see the prettiest boy ever. creamy white-pink body, beautiful, flowing pinkish fins, and a blue dot on his top fin. reminded me of Caroline, he did. i made sure to put him up front, because i knew he'd be bought quickly.

then, to the 'bad' pet store. it caters mostly to dogs, so it has an almost non-existant fish selection. :/ me and my mom stole one of their customers. xD this couple wanted a bunny, but never had a bunny before. the lady trying to sell them a bunny didn't know jack about them, so my mom took the mother to the side, under the guise of showing her bunny supplies, and told the lady to go down to Pet Lover's. x3c

that's the next stop, my favorite pet store in the world. soon after getting there, we saw the couple from the other pet store show up. xD we talked Bunny to them, then i took a look at the bettas. they ALWAYS have an amazing selection, but this week, they had some winners. a few dragons, but they only ever seem to get red dragons. one of them had blue scales, instead of silver, though. if he wasn't around $15, i'd have gotten him, but i only had like.... $11 to spend. i found an orange Dal, but i swore Dals off until i'm ready to start my orange Dal line. :d then, i saw the most interestingly colored betta ever. i've seen this color before, but don't know what it is. i'm not sure about his fin type, but my mind says "delta or halfmoon". he's got mild fin rot, and has been nipping his tail, so i won't know for a little while. nothing i can't fix up fast with a little TLC and some aquarium salt. faster, if i had IAL. >3> (speaking of, anyone have some they can send my way? xD) his name is Ichi, which means "one" in Japanese. it's the original way, to say the alternate meaning to part of my late friend's name. complicated, i know. but, Ichi's my little man now. :3 here's my oddly colored, mystery tailed betta:

and, one with flash. reminds me of Chappy's dragon scales, before she marbled them away:

exploring his new cave:

next, is another new boy of mine. my white HMPK, Theo. he's my partly blind boy, and you can see it in one of the few pics i've gotten of him. the camera freaks him out badly, and he darts around, bonking his head against the glass of his tank when i try. :/ i got a few good ones, and in one, you can kinda see the spot i'm a tad worried about. he MAY be part dragon, but you all can tell me if you think that. darn white dragons. xD it's hard to tell! this, ladies and gents, is Theodore:

you can kinda see the cloudy-ness of his eye in this one^

^he's all spread out and pretty. he doesn't care that he has a hot pink plant. he adores that plant. xD he also doesn't care that he only has two plants and no rocks. :d

^ i was SO excited when i saw this! a bubble nest! he may not see well, but it doesn't stop him at all, in any way. you can see the feeding ring i trained him to use, and he's going up for pellets in this pic. yeah, his tank's bare bottomed. it's so, if he misses any pellets, he can still nom them without them getting lost. :d

those, are my two newest boys, Ichi and Theo. i love them both alot. my fish, are my rocks. honestly, without them, i'd be a mess right now. losing a friend, someone so close to me even though they're thousands of miles away, broke me down. i love every betta i have, had, or get in the future. :d hope you enjoy them with me!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #2 
Luimeril

after geting him to flare at Caroline(it took FOREVER. she had NO interest in him AT ALL! xD), i think Ichi may be delta. :d have i gotten another amazing deal? x3c guess we'll find out after his fins grow back in, huh?
Old 03-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #3 
Sweeda88

The first one is definitely a delta. Both fish are very pretty!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #4 
Luimeril

bwah. yet another delta, for just four bux. :d i LOVE Pet Lover's. xD

thank you. <3
Old 03-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #5 
BlakbirdxGyarados

:D I love Ichi's colors... and I think he might be a delta... but yep, we'll see.
EDIT: Sweeda beat me to it, lol.

Theo looks almost exactly like the giant betta fish I saw at the LFS... Except I think he was completely blind. I feel bad... and want to get him. xD'

But I want to try to move Uncle (as you may remember from another thread we were on recently) to the bigger tank... if I can move my Gourami with my girls. >>
I fI can do that today, I'll run to the pet store and get that one betta. It'd be interesting to raise him... plus I've also been having an itch for a new betta. |D

Bettobsessed, I think is a good term for me, atm.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #6 
Luimeril

why not get a small Kritter Keeper to house him in? the 2.5 gallon ones are only around $10. :d

Theo can see, just not as well as everyone else. i'm not sure exactly HOW blind he is. he can see me, but takes a while of staring to recognize me and start the wiggle dance. it also takes him a while to realize he's being fed. x3c
Old 03-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #7 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
why not get a small Kritter Keeper to house him in? the 2.5 gallon ones are only around $10. :d

Theo can see, just not as well as everyone else. i'm not sure exactly HOW blind he is. he can see me, but takes a while of staring to recognize me and start the wiggle dance. it also takes him a while to realize he's being fed. x3c
Hehe... wiggle dance. x) Must be kinda funny to watch his delayed dance, as a little sad as it is, too.

And I would get a KK that size... if only my LFS sold stuff like that. I'd have to order online (or travel two hours to the Petsmart) and... frankly, I don't want someone who's inexperienced getting the blind betta. Not a good start for them, nor a good end for him, if you get me. x_x

Still... my Gourami needs a bigger home anyway. I got him when he was tiny... now he's about 5" and too big for that tank he's in. So yyyep.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:18 PM   #8 
Luimeril

what about an empty 2.5 gallon? not much more than the KK. i use a divider as a lid for Theo's. >3>
Old 03-19-2011, 07:53 PM   #9 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Actually, now that I think about it, just a regular 10 gallon would cost $20. I would think at that price a non-KK 2.5 would be less. xP
I think I'll definitely be able to get Uncle a bigger tank by next payday th-- ...

Wait, are you talking about the 2.5 for the Gourami or the Betta? xD'
Old 03-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #10 
Luimeril

the betta. x3 i don't know anything about gouramis, other than they're related to bettas. xD