Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #11 
hannah16

okay..i was planning on going to get the aq a little later today since both my parents are sleeping.. and well... fighter didn't make it.. i just checked on him.. hes gone... but i at least know his last night was the most comfterable hes had in a while.. he was a bit large..probably a year or two..i hope that while he lived..it wasnt too bad.. thanks to everyone.. at least i gave him one last goodnight...
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #12 
Emmalea

I'm really sorry for your loss.
It really hurts to lose a fishy friend even if you didn't know him for very long.
But think even though he didn't make it you gave him the chance to die a peaceful death in a nice warm tank knowing someone cared about him, instead of a cold and dirty little cup.
You should feel good about what you did, because it was really a gift that you gave him and I totally commend you for that.

I went through a similar situation with a little betta that I named Charm, he also only made it one night and even though it hurt to lose him I was still happy I gave him the chance to be at peace.

Sad as it is, sometimes they are to far gone to help and all you can do for them is to give them the chance to be at peace in their last hours.
You did this for him and I'm sure he really appreciated it and knew that you cared about him.

If you feel up to it you could go back to the store and let them know that he didn't make it, they should give you a refund or replace him.
I know it's hard but I would go back so they get the idea that it is not alright to sell sick fish.

*hugs*

Last edited by Emmalea; 03-20-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Emmalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:24 PM   #13 
LolaQuigs

Aww I'm so sorry he didn't make it. :(

But he was so lucky to live out his final moments with someone who cared about him and tried to save him.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:36 PM   #14 
hannah16

Thank you both -

I thought about asking for a refund, but I did tell them I was buying a sick fish to make him better, gave me 15% off.. I'm glad I spent that extra cash on him. I feel .. At peace.. Knowing he died in my care then then at that stupid PetSmart..
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote