Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2011, 11:16 AM   #11 
Goomba3

Hannah, did you try returning Fighter? I know a lot of stores have a dead-fish return policy. It's horrible to say, but you might be able to get your money back or a replacement if he dies with in a certain amount of time. So not only did you try to save him and gave him a happy, warm home for a little while, but because he passed away due to their treatment of him, you might be able to get your money back.

I read your other post about all the fish your dad got you, and you are very lucky! Good luck with everything!
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #12 
hannah16

Thanks - but I don't want to try returning him since 1. I did say I was buying him because he was sick and they gave me a discount and 2. I already gave him a fishy funeral v-v; so yeah.. I didn't mind spending the $3.39 on him.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:29 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about Fighter. At least he got good care and lots of love during the short time he was with you. I know you're angry but when you call HQ, be polite but firm. Hopefully they'll listen to what you have to say. Good luck!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #14 
hannah16

Thanks DQ - I'll try my best not to totally blow up. I didn't get to call yesterday, phone died on me at work r.r.... So any who.. I'm going to call some time today. I'll let y'all know what happens. They'll probably say it was out of their control (Thats such garbage..)
Old 03-22-2011, 11:00 AM   #15 
hannah16

I called the PetSmart Corp - They basicly said this to me -

That it was out of their hands, that Fighter (RIP) was going to get sick either way as all animals get sick in their life times, that him dying wasn't really their fault since I did buy him knowing he was a sick fish, and that they'll talk to the store manager to Try and see if this won't happen again.

I said that really isn't good enough and that I'll be taking my buisness else where.. But if I see a sick betta (My Mom only buys dog food from there r.r...) at PetSmart, I'm fighting for him to be free.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #16 
CrowntailxKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah16 View Post
I called the PetSmart Corp - They basicly said this to me -

That it was out of their hands, that Fighter (RIP) was going to get sick either way as all animals get sick in their life times, that him dying wasn't really their fault since I did buy him knowing he was a sick fish, and that they'll talk to the store manager to Try and see if this won't happen again.

I said that really isn't good enough and that I'll be taking my buisness else where.. But if I see a sick betta (My Mom only buys dog food from there r.r...) at PetSmart, I'm fighting for him to be free.
Don't let the man hold you down! Fight the power! The plant I bought at PetSmart ended up dying by the time I got home. It was pathetic. I havent tried to return it yet since I havent had the time to, but if they wont give me a refund, Hannah, we should boycott PetSmart!! >:(
CrowntailxKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #17 
hannah16

Dude XD CT King, I really like you, your so funny!! XDD I'm gonna try calling again and demanding they either return my money or give me a replacement. I did take pics of Fighter before and after he passed away as proof. Mainly because 1. I didn't want him rotting away weather in a bag or in a cup and 2. I just couldn't keep looking at him.. So sick and gone. I'm gonna call again in about an hour.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #18 
CrowntailxKing

hahaha! You should. We should get all the members on this forum to sit outside of your PetSmart hahaha xD I see you are in Illinois! Im in Indiana! We could totally do that!
Old 03-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #19 
hannah16

CT King - Dude, yer crazy XDD in a good way Rofl..

I called Corp again ( I didn't feel like waiting....) and I got on the phone with a really reasonable guy, I told him the fish passed away and I flushed him and he told me to call the store any way and see what they can do for me. I mentioned to the lady that I called Corp (She got a little freaked XD) said I did flush him and that since he passed away, what could she do for me. She said that usually they won't give a refund or replacement without the fish in hand but for me (Prolly cuz I called Corp) that she'll let me hand pick the betta I want since they got in a new shippment or I could get a refund. What do you guys think I should do? I'm gonna be having the tank space soon since I'm wrapping up the set up of my 10g and putting my girls in there. Should I get another boy or should I get my money back?
Old 03-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #20 
CrowntailxKing

Get another boy! Since they are fresh, they should be alright! That's one more you can save before he becomes sick as well. Don't let him rot on the shelves :(