Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #31 
Bettaluver4evr

Woooot! I named more fishies! :D Cool! Haha. Awww, lil dalmation betta. :) So pretty! We could go with the classic Spot. ;) Or, hmmm... he's orange too? How about grapefruit, Honeybell, tangerine? LOL. :D
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #32 
hannah16

I don't know - I really want something unique for him since he's my first EVER dal. Basicly, I saw him in the store, and I wanted him. But I got Fighter (RIP) because he was sick. I went back the next day just for my Dal because he was the first I've ever seen in person plus the first I've ever owned!

Also - For Cresent, I don't know if you noticed, but his top fin, has this very unique aqua color with spotting. He's SO pretty. I want to breed him to Luna, just to see if I could get a betta baby with the red on the tail and the spotting, along with that other world shimmer! Gotta love bettas!

OH LOL XDD I met this lady who works at PetSmart who LOVES bettas and has a LOT of knowledge about all animals. And I told her the crazyness that was my day, and she was like "Oh, Bettas? I'm a sucker for them. It got to a point where I just had to say No." I really like that lady.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:19 AM   #33 
Bettaluver4evr

Aaaah. Well I think you should name him then, because he's so special. I love dalmations too, I want one! :)
Wow! Already thinking of breeding! Well, if you do everything right it could work! But you'd have to prepare homes and housing for up to 100+ babies! I think your mom would have a heart attack! LOL.
I wish my petsmart had people like that! Well, there was one lady at petsmar I met who loved bettas too, knew I loved them as soon as she saw me walk over! And we were talking about tanks and things, she thinks the 1/2 gallon tanks are way too small. And she makes sure every bettas cup is filled all of the way to the tippy top. I love it when people try a little to do something good. A little goes a long way!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #34 
hannah16

I know I gotta find 'em homes, but I did tell my Mom that... And she said Okay. So I'm probably gonna do like 1-3 spawns a year, so my mom won't feel over welmed <-<...Cuz yeah.. Coming home to find those bettas like that.. Kind of scared the crap out of her... Rofl... I'm up to 9 bettas <3..

Oh and that Betta show in MI, I don't think my Mom is gonna take me <.<;;;...

..Thinking of a name for my Dal..
Old 03-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #35 
Bettaluver4evr

Awww, sorry about not going to the show! That many spawns a year should be good, I think. Still pretty crazy though! :D I wish you loads of luck though. Hmmm... I'm blank on names for Giraffe dalmation betta. :D
Old 03-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #36 
hannah16

I think I'm gonna name him ...Marco....Mason....Mellow.... OH I GOT IT!

Prince Monte <3!!!!!! Yep.. Prince Monte is gonna be the name of my Orange Dal :3
Old 03-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #37 
hannah16

Ahh! I just read the thingy you said about Giraffe...Thats so much cuter... I'm gonna name him that instead of Prince Monte. I'll name one of my pups Prince Monte when my girl gives birth.

Last edited by hannah16; 03-21-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #38 
Goomba3

Wow! That is a lot of fish! I'm glad your father is investing in a healthy habit for you. Good luck and lots of happiness to your very petty fishies in the future!
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #39 
Bettaluver4evr

Woooot! Giraffe, haha! :D So cute. :) Haha. Glad I could help! :) And awww, puppys! :D Unless that's a code word for something else, like baby frogs... LOL. I hope you meant puppys though, that's adorable! Haha.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #40 
hannah16

Thanks Goomba - My Dad says there My fish.. but I say there Our fish :3 He did pay for 7 out of 9 of them (Dude thats crazy! I've only paid for 2 of my fish...)

But any whos... Thanks so much Betta Luv for all your help naming my bettas. I think my mom won't let me and my dad leave the house together ever again XD. Next time I want a betta, Fer sure gonna check petco. They have more tail types, but gotta be careful because 1. They have about 60 at a time. And 2. many just aren't healthy. (That also Ticks me off).

In all honestly, I rather buy a betta from my WalMart. I know I know.. Sounds a bit crazy, but its because they have a smaller amount (This time when I got Coco they had...20.. Maybe.) And from what I can tell, almost all are babies. Females are UBER tiny, and males, barely an inch. I'd also like to check out my PetSmart, but that is only once in a while (Mainly for color. My females from there look so pretty.) since they do have fairly healthy and unique fish.