Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #1 
Fawnleaf

Yiiiipppppeeeeee!!!!!!! :d

I doubt any of you will remember, but my English teacher has a betta fish. The cutest little guy, named Moby. :) Anyways, she put him in a small little bowl, less than half a gallon, is my guess. And then only filled it half way so he had about a fourth of a gallon of water. I am willing to bet she only changed his water once a week OR LESS! (His bowl STUNK SO BAD!!!!!!!!)

Well... my teacher went on maternity leave over the week end!!!!!! So she left her class in charge of Moby. K. So i go up to his bowl and there are 18 pellets in there. EIGHTEEN PELLETS!!!!! I was not happy. So then I searched for the conditioner for water changes and she had none. So then I looked for his food and guess what I found. The stupid little food things SUPPOSEDLY release the food slowly for a week. And I asked if I could take care of Moby, but the rest of the class said no. They said the 1st period class was supposed to take care of him. So I went to the substitute and I told him how there was no conditioner for water changes, he had too much food in his bowl and how the temp. was in the 60s (I'm guessing) because she had no heater for the little guy. I told him that I could take him home with me. He said OK, but the rest of the class wasn't happy.

So I took him home today and I put him in his new home!!!!!

3 gallons
78 degrees F
100% percent weekly water changes and 50% biweekly water changes

SO YEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I am really happy right now!!!! Moby is really happy, he is exploring his new tank and he is actually surprisingly really healthy! And he's HUGE! He makes my 3 gallon look like a 1 gallon.

But he looks exhausted from swimming, like he has never swum in his life. His bowl was so small that with a flick of his tail he could get to the surface.

Anyway.... here are his photos!!! :D
Attached Images

Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #2 
Irish Dancing Man

What are you going to do when you have to bring it back to class??
Irish Dancing Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:38 PM   #3 
Fawnleaf

I don't know. I am kind of hoping they might forget about him. The only reason my class wanted to keep him was because they wanted to get out of classwork to take care of him. My teacher might forget to. But if not, I can tell her to get a tank and heater.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #4 
Bettaluver4evr

That's so kind of you! You are right, he's an enormous betta! And pretty too! :D Great job.
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #5 
bettafish15

I'm so glad you got him! Hopefully they'll forget about him >:D
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:49 PM   #6 
kathstew

Poor little guy stuck in that horrible bowl! I'm glad you saved him!
He looks SO much happier in his new home!
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:06 PM   #7 
Fawnleaf

Hopefully. I sent an email to my teacher after school to let her know. But honestly, I will be surprised if she even remembered Moby was still at school.

OMG!!! he is SOOOO lazy!!! He just gave me a heart attack!!! I was a little worried about acclimating him to his new home because of the conditions we was in earlier. I went really slowly and steadily, and stopped if he looked nervous or stressed. But I just looked into his tank and he looked DEAD!!!

I gently tapped on the side of the tank and he didn't move. I even shook it a little, and he didn't move! Then I realized (with a HUGE relief) that he had been resting. The poor guy is so inactive!!! He was never really active in his little bowl, and I bet he spent his whole life in cups. He only swims to get to the top of the water for air or food. He looks fine though. Do you think he will get more active as the weeks go on? Or will he always act like this?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #8 
bettafish15

I think he'll get more active, remember that his muscles werent moving much before, so he'll get more fit and swim around I'm sure. :D
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #9 
Cravenne

That is a REAL rescue. You should be proud of yourself :)
Cravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #10 
Fawnleaf

Thank you! That means a lot. lol It's so hard to see him because I have black gravel and he is a dark blue, and he is always sitting in the gravel. I can't wait to see him completely better. it will be so awesome!!!