Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-20-2011, 05:32 PM   #1 
BlueBetta17

Question Water won't flow out of filter?

Hi guys, I bought a Aqua-Tech Power Filter for 5-15 gals about two weeks ago. I cleaned out my 5gal tank yesterday and didn't bother with the filter at all. I left the water in and when I tried turning on the filter it started running but I haven't been able to get the water to flow out. I've tried the following things but none of them have worked -

1) I tried emptying it out and then turning it on and filling it with water.

2) I tried filling it with water and then turning it on.

3) I took the tube out and plugged both sides with water and put it back in really fast while the filter was on.

No dice. Can someone please help?

P.s: I have an air pump I can use for now but it won't do the same job as the filter, of course.

P.p.s: The water level is currently about half an inch from the black rim of my tank. Should the water be higher?

Last edited by BlueBetta17; 03-20-2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: More info.
BlueBetta17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #2 
PewPewPew

Id say it needs to be a little higher, try it out and see. Has the filter media been properly soaked? This can hinder it.

I think other members have this filter, so shameless bumpish for knowledge!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:34 PM   #3 
Lion Mom

Try taking it all apart (after unplugging it, of course) and cleaning it all - including the impeller. I had that happen to one of mine last week. Took it to the kitchen sink cleaned it all, put it back together & she works now!! :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #4 
BlueBetta17

Okay, thank you. I'll try raising the water. I also had tried taking it apart and that didn't work either. I don't think mine has an impeller? If that's like a fan-thing or something then no I don't have it.
BlueBetta17 is offline   Reply With Quote