betta fish

Old 03-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #11 
tsoto80

haha cute lil guy!
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:46 AM   #12 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
He's a fantail. If he grows a wen (brain-like growth), then he is officially an oranda.

Which brand of pellets did you use? The only commercial food I would use as staple is Mazuri gel food which can be sourced from Goldfish Utopia online owned by Ed. For more info on Mazuri, please check this link.
http://thegab.org/index.php?option=c...php&f=3&t=7279

The GAB site owner actually collaborated with Ed as she's a nutritionist thus, ensuring Mazuri caters to all the nutritional requirements for goldfish. The only drawback is very low fiber which is why, I suggest that the Mazuri gel food be combined with your homemade gel food recipes. You may add purely vegetable-based baby foods (Gerber) in Mazuri gel food recipe to make it a completely exclusive nutritional food for your fish.

It's easier to do baby gel foods than homemade gel foods which consists of mixing fresh vegetables, etc around.

http://thegab.org/index.php?option=c...hp&f=3&t=17481

http://thegab.org/index.php?option=c...php&f=3&t=3629
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #13 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
You might want to pm Lupin about the goldfish. He knows everything about them.
To say the least ;) <3 ha!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #14 
Jupiter

They're HBH. I'll see if I can find the gel food at my LFS though, since I can't order online.
I told my dad to give him some veggies while I'm away though.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:40 AM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
To say the least ;) <3 ha!
Haha!! Yep, Lupin is the one you want to go to if you have goldfish or snail problems/questions.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:10 AM   #16 
Abby

I Showeded my bf this pic and i was like "ISNT HE SO CUTE XD" hes like "uhuh tanks not level"

no comment on fish just a 10 second glimpse and a "tanks not level" lol
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:42 AM   #17 
YoshesMom

hes really cute Hikari is a good goldfish pellet to but you want to make sure any pellet you get is sinking not floating goldfish like to gulp at anything on the surface and will take in a bellyful of air with it..only feed them cooked unshelled peas like once a week its a laxative for them. He does look like a fantail and if he is he will stay on the smaller side...I have an Oranda I had imported from hawaii ( yay raingarden ) hes probably 5 lbs and hes HUGE! he lives alone in his own 30 gallon tank congrats on your new buddy and good luck
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:17 PM   #18 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Haha!! Yep, Lupin is the one you want to go to if you have goldfish or snail problems/questions.
Oh, what a coincidence. I just got back home yesterday and within the one month absence my other 10 gal has somehow exploded with those little pest snails. I could have sworn I checked for egg cases before I put the plants in...

I got an Assassin snail today though, so hopefully that will put a dent in them...

@Abby: Lol! Thanks. My sister's like that too. ;)

@Yoshesmom: Thank you! The pellets that I got him were sinking ones. I had thought about Hikari, but when I looked over the ingredients, most of the first ingredients were fillers like wheat and such, so I went for HBH instead. I'll tell my mom to feed him peas if she ever gets some.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote