Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-20-2011, 10:45 PM   #1 
Johnificent

Three new bettas

Ok, so my aunt just bought me three new bettas! i already have two.. in a divided tank. my dad and me are going to buy my three new ones a new home. do you guys know any tanks that come with two dividers? that would be helpful! if not.... a tank that comes with a divider! but low costs... so i can buy another one for the extra third betta. thanks! :)
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #2 
Sweeda88

Just get a 10 gallon and make some dividers. There's a tutorial on how to do it right here. http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....light=tutorial
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:01 AM   #3 
turtle10

Why didn't you ask your aunt for a goldfish tank instead lol? That seems more important than getting a new betta. I just don't understand why you are getting new fish when you can't even provide a good home for the ones you already have. Sorry if this sounded rude, I am just really worried for those poor goldfish. Can you buy a goldfish tank instead? It just seems more important.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:08 AM   #4 
JackisLost

I've seen tanks like these with removable deviders. The black rim is slotted and has space for the included glass to slide in. They come 2.5 all the way to 7 gallons with 5 spaces. If I didn't like rimless tank look so much, I'd pick up a couple of these

http://www.pets-warehouse.com/Vpasp/...u=323939363033

Last edited by JackisLost; 03-21-2011 at 12:13 AM.
JackisLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #5 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
Why didn't you ask your aunt for a goldfish tank instead lol? That seems more important than getting a new betta. I just don't understand why you are getting new fish when you can't even provide a good home for the ones you already have. Sorry if this sounded rude, I am just really worried for those poor goldfish. Can you buy a goldfish tank instead? It just seems more important.
This isnt rude, its right.
OP, those poor fish are essentially living in something the size of a fridge with too many other buddies. Its almost cruel that youre leaving them in there and still getting other fish. I remember you said to me that you "couldnt get one but as soon as you did you'd get them into a bigger tank".

What happened to that? Its something very important that you should consider.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #6 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackisLost View Post
I've seen tanks like these with removable deviders. The black rim is slotted and has space for the included glass to slide in. They come 2.5 all the way to 7 gallons with 5 spaces. If I didn't like rimless tank look so much, I'd pick up a couple of these

http://www.pets-warehouse.com/Vpasp/...u=323939363033

The tank that you just showed is approx 2.5 gallons (lwh/231). To have three fish, divided, in this tank would be terrible. These tanks, I think, are meant for people who sell the fish and need smaller bays.

A 2.5 should have only a single betta, a 5 two, a 10 a max of three (provided there is enough swim space), etc, etc.

Also, when you have solid glass and no holes, etc. you cannot heat or filter the water correctly. Its better to go mesh or prefab dividers, unless you can manage to get professionally cut plexiglass with small holes.

7 gallons with 5 spaces would be terrible, too...Id stick to a 5 with two or a ten with three with appropriate dividers.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #7 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
The tank that you just showed is approx 2.5 gallons (lwh/231). To have three fish, divided, in this tank would be terrible. These tanks, I think, are meant for people who sell the fish and need smaller bays.

A 2.5 should have only a single betta, a 5 two, a 10 a max of three (provided there is enough swim space), etc, etc.

Also, when you have solid glass and no holes, etc. you cannot heat or filter the water correctly. Its better to go mesh or prefab dividers, unless you can manage to get professionally cut plexiglass with small holes.

7 gallons with 5 spaces would be terrible, too...Id stick to a 5 with two or a ten with three with appropriate dividers.
+1
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote