Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2011, 10:45 PM   #1 
Johnificent
Member
 
Johnificent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Three new bettas

Ok, so my aunt just bought me three new bettas! i already have two.. in a divided tank. my dad and me are going to buy my three new ones a new home. do you guys know any tanks that come with two dividers? that would be helpful! if not.... a tank that comes with a divider! but low costs... so i can buy another one for the extra third betta. thanks! :)
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #2 
Sweeda88
Member
 
Sweeda88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Minnesota, USA
Just get a 10 gallon and make some dividers. There's a tutorial on how to do it right here. http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....light=tutorial
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:01 AM   #3 
turtle10
Member
 
turtle10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Why didn't you ask your aunt for a goldfish tank instead lol? That seems more important than getting a new betta. I just don't understand why you are getting new fish when you can't even provide a good home for the ones you already have. Sorry if this sounded rude, I am just really worried for those poor goldfish. Can you buy a goldfish tank instead? It just seems more important.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:08 AM   #4 
JackisLost
Member
 
JackisLost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SoCal
I've seen tanks like these with removable deviders. The black rim is slotted and has space for the included glass to slide in. They come 2.5 all the way to 7 gallons with 5 spaces. If I didn't like rimless tank look so much, I'd pick up a couple of these

http://www.pets-warehouse.com/Vpasp/...u=323939363033

Last edited by JackisLost; 03-21-2011 at 12:13 AM.
JackisLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #5 
PewPewPew
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
Why didn't you ask your aunt for a goldfish tank instead lol? That seems more important than getting a new betta. I just don't understand why you are getting new fish when you can't even provide a good home for the ones you already have. Sorry if this sounded rude, I am just really worried for those poor goldfish. Can you buy a goldfish tank instead? It just seems more important.
This isnt rude, its right.
OP, those poor fish are essentially living in something the size of a fridge with too many other buddies. Its almost cruel that youre leaving them in there and still getting other fish. I remember you said to me that you "couldnt get one but as soon as you did you'd get them into a bigger tank".

What happened to that? Its something very important that you should consider.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #6 
PewPewPew
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackisLost View Post
I've seen tanks like these with removable deviders. The black rim is slotted and has space for the included glass to slide in. They come 2.5 all the way to 7 gallons with 5 spaces. If I didn't like rimless tank look so much, I'd pick up a couple of these

http://www.pets-warehouse.com/Vpasp/...u=323939363033

The tank that you just showed is approx 2.5 gallons (lwh/231). To have three fish, divided, in this tank would be terrible. These tanks, I think, are meant for people who sell the fish and need smaller bays.

A 2.5 should have only a single betta, a 5 two, a 10 a max of three (provided there is enough swim space), etc, etc.

Also, when you have solid glass and no holes, etc. you cannot heat or filter the water correctly. Its better to go mesh or prefab dividers, unless you can manage to get professionally cut plexiglass with small holes.

7 gallons with 5 spaces would be terrible, too...Id stick to a 5 with two or a ten with three with appropriate dividers.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #7 
turtle10
Member
 
turtle10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
The tank that you just showed is approx 2.5 gallons (lwh/231). To have three fish, divided, in this tank would be terrible. These tanks, I think, are meant for people who sell the fish and need smaller bays.

A 2.5 should have only a single betta, a 5 two, a 10 a max of three (provided there is enough swim space), etc, etc.

Also, when you have solid glass and no holes, etc. you cannot heat or filter the water correctly. Its better to go mesh or prefab dividers, unless you can manage to get professionally cut plexiglass with small holes.

7 gallons with 5 spaces would be terrible, too...Id stick to a 5 with two or a ten with three with appropriate dividers.
+1
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can i put bettas with bettas and have them breed without any dead fish Guppie luver Betta Fish Care 13 02-15-2011 07:38 AM
New to Bettas - What fish mingle best with Bettas? Dannyboy Betta Fish Compatibility 14 05-25-2010 03:08 AM
what to look for in bettas? 5green Betta Fish Care 11 08-22-2009 06:30 PM
my bettas graphics787 Betta Fish Care 14 10-07-2008 02:09 PM
'crowntail' bettas v. 'regular' bettas ErinBBC Betta Fish Care 3 04-28-2008 07:19 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.