Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #1 
Sweeda88

I love it when my Betta....

I thought I'd start a thread for posting what our Bettas do that we love. Things specific to their personality. Here are the things I love about my Bettas!

1. I love it when Sequin flares at me. I'll just put my face or finger near his tank, and he puffs up faster than a puffer fish. He's so cute. Also, even when his food is in the water, he jumps a bit and basically falls down on it to snatch it up. It's hard to describe. I also love it that he builds the craziest bubble nests. They're HUGE. He lives in a 3 gallon KK, and they take up a 6th of the surface area.

2. I love it when I catch Sir Lefty Buttons looking at me. He does this a lot. He's the closest to my computer, and I just caught him staring at me. As soon as I looked, he turned away. It was so cute! I also love WHERE he builds his bubble nests. Right behind the filter outflow. He's also the only male Betta I have who never flares unless I put a finger in the water. Even then, only half of his gills flare. He also likes to wiggle at me.

3. I love it when Banana Freckles jumps at me whenever I have a finger, hand, or food above the tank. Even if I'm just adjusting the heater, he'll jump at me! Also, he follows my finger down the tank wall. It's so funny.

4. I love Glitter for just how shimmery he is. Also, the lobes of his double tail are split right down to his butt and are PERFECT. I love how he has a glittery mustache and eyebrows.

5. I love Blush, because she's just so stinkin' cute! She's really timid, though. She's afraid of my fingers, and freaks out anytime I rearrange something in her tank. But I love her!

6. I love how my new girl, Annabelle, will swim through a hoop that I make with my fingers, follow my finger around the tank, and stares at her food suspiciously before snatching it up like she's starving. I also put some "jewels" in her tank, and as they fell to the bottom, she chased after them. She has the cutest personality, and reminds me of my late, beloved Aurora.

Now it's your turn! What are your fishes' personalities? Use detail!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #2 
kathstew

I love it when my (currently unnamed) betta "dances" to music, and glares at me if I turn it off. LOL

I love it when Drama Queen swims up and down the tank to get my attention when I'm saying hello to her sister on the other side of the divider.

I love it when Ocean is constantly amazed by things that have been in her tank forever!

I love it when Skittles grabs the food right out of my finger if I take too long to drop it in for him. XD

I love it when my two girls stare at eachother through the divider (not flaring) like they are talking to each other.

I love how Ocean swims INTO the net when its time for a water change. XD

LOL. Am I too easily amused?
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #3 
Sweeda88

That's cute! He swims INTO the net? I've never seen a fish do that before! He must love his clean water!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #4 
B3TTA LUVA

I love when Jasper/Jaz (due to his jazz hand like pectoral fins) pokes his head in and out of his cave, sleeps on his betta hamock, and hides in his plants.

( My little Jaz also swim into the net ^_^ its so cute!!)
B3TTA LUVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #5 
kathstew

Haha. Ocean is a girl XD (LOL, I know its kinda a guy name, but it suits her). But yeah! I put the net in the water, and she swims into it! She seems just as happy in a cup as she is in her tank. She's so funny. LOL. Easily amused, that fish is!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #6 
Sweeda88

Awe, she sounds like a cutie. Is she the one in your avatar?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #7 
kathstew

Yeah that is her! :D

B3TTA LUVA - it makes cleaning the tank so much easier! LOL Aw, poking his head in and out of his cave sounds so cute!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #8 
CrowntailxKing

I love it when Lief, my male, stares at me and moves his mouth like he's hungry...and how he looks so anxious when I hover a bloodworm over his water and prepares to jump.

I loved it when I kept Jenny, Lief, and Rapunzel in three separate dividers (Lief in the middle) and how he ignored Jenny for a few days to get to know Rapunzel and how upset Jenny would get at Lief for ignoring her so she started attacking the divider!

As for Rainbow, Didi, and Copper...I don't know them too well yet as I have only had them for a day and they are all getting used to the 10 gallon tank I put them, along with Jenny and Rapunzel, in. Didi, however, has a nice story to her. I bought her because she was showing very bold stress bars on her body, so I felt bad and bought her. She is the most timid and submissive and I caught Copper (the other timid female) trying to pick a fight with her because she was the only one that Copper wasnt afraid of xD They all seem to get along relatively well compared to last night.
CrowntailxKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #9 
FuulieQ

I love it when Robert comes zooming up to the front of the tank whenever I stop to look at him. I also love it when he gets self-conscious after I leave the mirror up too long and he can't scare the "other fish" away. xD
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #10 
GienahClarette

I love it when Sir Crispin hangs around the corner of the tank closest to me and watches me work. I also love it when he comes when I start saying 'here Mr. Fishy fishy fishy fish!' It's also adorable whenever he blows bubbles at me.
GienahClarette is offline   Reply With Quote