Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #11 
BlackberryBetta

Okay fine. But I have no where else to put them I am certainly NOT getting more fish tanks. I already have 3 and they are stressful enough.
BlackberryBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #12 
Sweeda88

Turtle10, I have a divided tank with a female and 2 males, and they are FINE. As long as they can't see each other, it will be fine. The "hormones" thing is not true. I've had this setup for months, and there have been no problems. They don't even know that there's another fish on the other side.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #13 
BlackberryBetta

Exactly! hormones? Really? It seems like people look at them under a microscope and make a concern about every little thing. Thanks Sweeda!
Old 03-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #14 
bettafish15

I'm going to agree with Turtle10 on this whole thing. When I researched bettas before getting my own, I read about the hormone thing. It's logical. I think people are denying it because they already have a male and female in the same tank and dont want to or have money to change it. But thats just my opinion ;D
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #15 
BlackberryBetta

Ya, and you say the money thing like it's nothing. Its the biggest part. I have no more money and no more space for bettas!
Old 03-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #16 
Sweeda88

I'm not saying it because I have no money for other tanks. I've honestly never had a problem. If I had to, I have an extra tank I could put the female in. She doesn't seem stressed, has NO breeding bars, is not eggy, and seems happy with life. It's not necessarily true just because it sounds logical.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #17 
BlackberryBetta

Yes, you are saying exactly what I am trying to say. Do you guys really beleive every little thing that people say? I mean it actually sounds a bit ridiculous. It doesnt matter anymore, there is nothing I can do to separate them and I'm not getting more fish tanks. They are fine together and until something happens that conerns me about them, I will leave them. I'm just going to get lots of plants, end of story.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #18 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
I'm not saying it because I have no money for other tanks. I've honestly never had a problem. If I had to, I have an extra tank I could put the female in. She doesn't seem stressed, has NO breeding bars, is not eggy, and seems happy with life. It's not necessarily true just because it sounds logical.
Ah, I wasnt saying it was true JUST because it was logical, I was saying that it's true because many sites said so. And it is logical anyway because it's like a male dog smelling a female dog on the other side of a fence. He'll always try to get over to her, then POOF one day she's got puppies. There have been many stories of accidental spawns, and I dont want that to happen to a new hobbyist. Or for the female or get stressed. I know that you're not a new hobbyist :P Also, you may have a different divider than she does, and perhaps that contributes something.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #19 
Sweeda88

Wait, I'm not saying you shouldn't get a more opaque divider. That's important. They WILL get stressed if they can see each other. I'm just saying that as long as they CAN'T see each other, they will be fine.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #20 
Sweeda88

I know, bettafish15. I'm trying to get the point across that an opaque divider is needed. That's what I have, and that's why they're okay since they can't see each other.