Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #1 
ChelseaLlyn

Filter & heater suggestions

I'm looking at getting a 3g critter keeper and need some suggestions for a filter and heater. If you could give me suggestions that fit the following, I'd greatly appreciate it, but I'm open to anything, really.

For the filter, I need something that is: Quiet, low maintenance, and preferably under $15

For the heater, I just need it to be under $15 and, of course, functional.

Or if you can suggest a similarly sized set-up that is plastic, has a locking lid, and is under $20, that'd be great, too.

On a side note, I know it's not really in this topic, but my fish has fin rot, so I'm wondering, would it be better to treat him in the tank he's in now (it's a 4 gallon sterilite container with no other tank mates) and then move him to a new tank, or put him in a brand new, clean tank and worry about cleaning all the germies out once he's better?
ChelseaLlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:05 PM   #2 
pumpkinspikepie

I have my female in a 3g tank, and I have this heater and this filter in with her. The heater gets some complaints but in a 3 gallon I've yet to have a real issue with it. I really like the sponge filters but the thing is, you have to have an air pump and tubing to work them. I have this lower-pressure air pump that powers the filter.

As for the fin rot treatment, I'd probably take your betta out and treat him in a different container just to be safe.
pumpkinspikepie is offline   Reply With Quote