Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #1 
SillyFinn

I wish I had More Room!!

I stopped by Petco on my way home from work today to grab some stuff for the family cat.

I have only been to this Petco once before but its safe to say I will be heading back there from now on. It's so nice! So much better than the old Petco that just closed near my house.

Anyway, I had to stop by the Bettas just to see what they had and omg I found at least 5 that I would have loved to bring home. They had a couple beautiful butterfly's, a couple marbles and the most gorgeous teal double tail that I have ever seen! He would shimmer blue and then teal depending on the light, he was gorgeous! *sigh*

I will most likely only be able to add one more Betta to my little family (size restrictions suck!) and I am saving my open spot for a little guy I just can't live without.

But man, if I had a Betta room I would have brought home enough Bettas to fill up my car! lol
SillyFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:47 PM   #2 
Irish Dancing Man

Lol I know how you feel. When i went to Petland over the weekend There was the most beautiful murky white and Blue betta VT. Longest tail i have EVER seen. So beautiful. I dont have space restrictions, i have money restrictions.
Irish Dancing Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #3 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Dancing Man View Post
I dont have space restrictions, i have money restrictions.
So true. xD
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:21 PM   #4 
FireKidomaru

I hate having space restrictions! My space restriction is called my mom hahahaha
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #5 
vaygirl

I have a whole condo with three floors but there's only so much water I can ask the hubby to put up with. So far I've drained about 8 gallons collectively onto our floors by accident. I've dropped gallon bottles when I was filling tanks. Once the siphon came out of the bucket and I didn't notice (I had sneakers on and didn't feel the water flowing over my whole kitchen floor). The bucket fell off the ladder when I was doing a counter top water change. I dropped my iPod into the bucket. Another time my camera fell in.... I could go on but it's bad enough. :P
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #6 
denaliwind

Ugh, restrictions are BOO! lol
My biggest restriction is that I go away for 1.5 months in the summer so I have family or friends watch my fishies... I would hate to overwhelm them with a million betta fish! If we weren't staying in a tent cabin in the mountains I would bring them along. :P
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:35 AM   #7 
SillyFinn

Im glad I have you guys to understand how I feel. I really have to keep my Betta numbers down, as I am hoping to move out by the end of the year. Since I already have 2 birds and 2 Bettas I really don't know how much room I will have in the future. I also want to get a corn snake once I move out, so I have to keep that in mind as well. I should just build shelves all over the walls and that should solve the space problem... hmmmmmmmm lol
SillyFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #8 
PitGurl

Yep, restrictions bite. I'm hoping to move in to a rental house by the end of summer and I really hope I can have a tank. I want to get a 20 gallon long to divide but a lot of places wont let you have a tank that size . If I owned my own place I'd have a room just for my fish. That would be awesome.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #9 
GienahClarette

I know how you guys feel. I'm planning to move in about a year or year and a half, and I don't know how long I'll be in my next location. I'm not really comfortable moving around a lot of fish, either.
GienahClarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireKidomaru View Post
I hate having space restrictions! My space restriction is called my mom hahahaha
Yeah, me too! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote