Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2011, 09:01 AM   #1 
thatgirl

Cloudy tank??!

Hi, I'm new to this site...so, hi! I rescued a betta fish from the front desk in my dorm. I put it in a 1.5 gallon tank, filter, heater, I feed it daily (blood worms every other day) and I love it! I have one of those whisper filters (it came with the tank) and I came into my room and the filter lost suction to the tank and was floating around! Since then the tank has been really cloudy. I was wondering what is causing it to be so cloudy and how I could fix it. Oh, and I just cleaned the tank a day before this happened.
thatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum....

In a 1.5gal filtered tank I would start making twice weekly water changes of 50%, however, since you rescued this guy and his neglected tank (I am assuming) it may need a big clean....I would cup the Betta and do a full tear down of the tank making 100% water changes, gravel cleaning...etc......get the filter fixed and back in working order-give the filter media a rinse/swish in old tank water

Make sure to acclimate the Betta to both temp and chemistry of this fresh new dechlorinated water...try and keep the water temp within a couple of degrees between new and old water and always use dechlorinator with any new water added to the fish....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #3 
xkatieebby

My tank was cloudy after I first bought the tank brand new. I went to a local pet store and bought cloudy water for dummies (They are drops). I followed the instructions and within two days the water was no longer cloudy. I was told sometimes new tanks will do that.
xkatieebby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloudy water, tank