Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #1 
Lion Mom

BettaMin?

Any reviews on BettaMin fllakes? I was thinking of adding them to the two different foods I am already feeding my guys, but want to know if anybody has any experience with them.

Yes, they will eat flakes - I occasionally give them some Ocean Nutrition Formula Two flakes.

TIA!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #2 
misamiania

That's all Zebo will eat. I have to sneak in broken up pellets so it looks like the shrimp in there lol

An I've tried three different pellets too. He won't even touch bloodworms so he's a picky picky eater. What can you do but do your best?lol
misamiania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #3 
misamiania

be warned though. If you don't set the container gently down then the next time you open it flakes will fall everywhere!~
Old 03-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #4 
mywingedhorses

Kiba loves those flakes. He gets so excited when he sees me pick up the container and quickly gobbles them up.

I agree with misamiania on being careful when moving and setting down the container. The flakes stick to the lid and the edge which results in always having some on my desk.
mywingedhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #5 
misamiania

haha I know what you mean about getting excited~! It's a rule. If you touch the container you better be feeding Zebo otherwise he is royally offended that you dared to touch his food and not feed him! It's creepy how no matter where even though he's hiding behind his bridge I happen to touch the container to move it out of my way and there he is staring intently at me like "You better give me some.... you better give me some!"
Old 03-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #6 
Pekemom

I know what you mean. Once I touch the food container, Brooke pops up out of nowhere and gets so excited...How does she know when I'm thinking about feeding her? It's weird and funny!!

BTW, part of her breakfast are the Hikari mini pellets - they are the only pellets she can eat, because of her small mouth. And she loves them..
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:04 AM   #7 
turtle10

I can't touch the food either, only for feedings, or my fish will go crazy lol. Most of my fish food is New Life Spectrum, so they go crazy when they see that NLS blue lid lol.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:24 AM   #8 
YoshesMom

my babies LOVE bettamin
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:33 AM   #9 
19wEEdmAstEr25

I've been feeding my fish w/ only BettaMin for 3 months it made their colors more vibrant but I'll be incorporating other foods later on as a supplement (preferably live). BTW, even if my fish were accustomed to eating pellets at the pet store before I bought 'em, they instantly had a mouthful of BettaMin on my first feeding. I think, even for picky eaters, it's irresistible.
19wEEdmAstEr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #10 
Lion Mom

Thanks for all the reviews! The only thing that kind of concerns me is that only the FIRST ingredient (instead of the first two) is meat based:

Ingredients:

Fish meal, ground brown rice, torula dried yeast, shrimp meal, wheat gluten, dried potato products, dehulled soybean meal, fish oil, soybean oil, algae meal, sorbitol, lecithin, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (vitamin C). Artificial colors including red 3. Ethoxyquin as a preservative.
Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude protein (min.) 48%, crude fat (min.) 8.5%, crude fiber (max.) 1.5%, moisture (max.) 7%, phosphorus (min.) 1.1%, vitamin C (min.) 63 mg./kg.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote