Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2011, 09:53 PM   #1 
denaliwind

The Waiting Room

This forum needs a 'waiting room' for members who are waiting on their 'expected' betta fish to be delivered. It would be nice to calm down together as we wait in anticipation.

I'm so excited and so nervous about my incoming Thailand betta, Duck. I keep looking at his picture, imagining what he'll look like in person, what he'll look like when he swims, will his colors change in different lighting or over time?... what his personality will be like, what will his favorite food be, etc. I'm just so excited! At the same time, I'm terribly nervous! I'm prepared for his arrival, I'm setting up his tank as we speak and I've decided for the first couple of days to keep him in the bathroom where it won't be too bright for him. But I just can't help but worry about making his transition be as smooth as possible, I already know there will never be another betta like him.

Here's his breeder picture. <3 His expected delivery date is between March 21 - 25.

Please, if you're expecting (or have recently received), come join us in the waiting room! :D
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #2 
kgplucker

He is quite beautiful! The suspense would be killing me as well!
kgplucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:38 PM   #3 
Arashi Takamine

He's gorgeous! I'm also waiting on getting new betta's. I'm ready to become a betta-mom again and I'm waiting on the day when we can go and select them. It's not the same as waiting for one from Aquabid but it's been a wait long enough. Empty-tank syndrome has been making me anxious.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #4 
denaliwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
He's gorgeous! I'm also waiting on getting new betta's. I'm ready to become a betta-mom again and I'm waiting on the day when we can go and select them. It's not the same as waiting for one from Aquabid but it's been a wait long enough. Empty-tank syndrome has been making me anxious.
"Empty-tank syndrome" is a very aggressive disease, most people can't last a day! hehe
Old 03-14-2011, 11:00 PM   #5 
Sweeda88

I wouldn't keep him in the bathroom for the first few days, or at all. The constantly changing temp from showers is not good for fish.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:03 PM   #6 
denaliwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
I wouldn't keep him in the bathroom for the first few days, or at all. The constantly changing temp from showers is not good for fish.
It's a spare bathroom, no one uses it. ;)
Anyway, I had read that it's important to let them adjust to their new home in a place that's relatively dark since they've been enclosed in a dark box for so long, hence the bathroom, it's the only place in the house that doesn't get much light.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:07 PM   #7 
Sweeda88

Okay, as long as no one's using it. Didn't think of that. I agree that it's important for them to adjust in a dark place. =)
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:58 PM   #8 
LolaQuigs

Oh my goodness you chose the perfect name; I love his little "beak!" Good luck, can't wait to see pictures when he's all settled in!
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:11 AM   #9 
Goomba3

I was recently waiting for Loki to be shipped from St. Louis from appledust, another member on this forum. I was very anxious, and drove my boyfriend insane. I was told he is a HM, but I've never seen him flare. Here he is, I've had him for about a week.

Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:11 AM   #10 
denaliwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaQuigs View Post
Oh my goodness you chose the perfect name; I love his little "beak!" Good luck, can't wait to see pictures when he's all settled in!
Haha! Indeed, it was his little 'beak' that warranted the name! :D
Thanks ^^

Goomba3: Oooh grats!! He's gorgeous, I love his color! How has his adjustment been so far?