Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #21 
milhouse88

A bunch. Probably 6 or so. Mostly small banana plants and things like that. All real ones. I felt like he'd get hurt on the plastic ones.
I was willing to decrease the frequency of the 100% changes becuase they do cause Nin stress. He hides for a day or so, then it takes a couple more days for him to relearn the plant layout. He likes to swim laps around in between stuff and then come out and try to scare you.
milhouse88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #22 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by milhouse88 View Post
A bunch. Probably 6 or so. Mostly small banana plants and things like that. All real ones. I felt like he'd get hurt on the plastic ones.
I was willing to decrease the frequency of the 100% changes becuase they do cause Nin stress. He hides for a day or so, then it takes a couple more days for him to relearn the plant layout. He likes to swim laps around in between stuff and then come out and try to scare you.
Hmm, I am not sure if that is enough to really affect the water quality by much. I am sorry he stresses so much, but unfortunately because of the tank size and the filter situation 100% are needed weekly.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:28 PM   #23 
ANHEL123

Just want to say about water change. I used to do 75% because i thought that it will stress them out. Then a few of my friends were doing 100% and bettas never get sick, so about 1.5 year ago i started doing 100% water changes and they seems like fine never get sick yet.

I always rinse everything inside (gravel, plants) very thorough. And i always check all plants make sure it not rotten

I think also very important that they eat food and it not sinking to the bottom ,because it decompose and contaminate the water.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #24 
milhouse88

I'll start doing 100% now. No food ever hits the bottom though. He feasts on the pellets. I should probably start another thread about feeding. I worry that he's hungry, but I've keep hearing not to overfeed. He gobbles them up as soon as they hit the water.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #25 
ANHEL123

They all do that. We have to be careful. They can overeat and get sick. I had that accident before. I put too much pellets by accident and he ate them,which make him sick(very bloated )and he didn't eat for 4 days. So u have to be careful. I don't know how other people but i feed mine with 3 different kind of pellets . And I give those 2 in the morning and 1 at night. And I feed them with blood worms 3 times a wk in between the pellets. Well sometimes i give them 2 in the morning and 2 at night.

I heard some people give them fasting day once a wk,but i am not sure about that i can't do it anyway, because they get so existed to see me every time (very tempting):)

I think if u would feed more then i do it would be overfeeding. And i like to do morning and evening rather than all pallets at once :)

Last edited by ANHEL123; 03-25-2011 at 03:26 PM.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #26 
milhouse88

At what point should things start getting better? His activity level is the same, but the white on his body continues to spread.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #27 
turtle10

Just to re-cap…

How have you been treating him and for how long?
Old 03-30-2011, 06:34 AM   #28 
milhouse88

We've been trying the 100% changes with aquarium salt as recommended.

Hopefully, I spoke too soon. This morning the wife noticed he doesn't look any worse than the day before and I agree. Maybe progress will come next!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #29 
turtle10

Okay well I'm not sure you long you have been doing it but do it for 10 days.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #30 
milhouse88

Here are some new pictures

The white on his body seems to have quit spreading and his fins look a little less white. we're half way through the 10 day 100% treatment. One thing I noticed we've been using 1/2 tsp per gallon (per the salt instruction) as opposed to the 1 tsp per gallon recommended here. Should I up it to 1 per gallon or are different salts different?