Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2011, 07:56 AM   #41 
milhouse88

I'm going the 'small betta condo' route. I've taken the filter out of the tank. I am still using the heater.

He's almost completely blue again. Today I noticed he's starting to look a little ratty. The 50% change is tomorrow. Hopefully that will clean him up.

He's active and eating. Although we did have one day of him spitting up his food. It was a new package, so we tried a different one and he's not spitting that up.
milhouse88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:54 AM   #42 
ANHEL123

I really don't know what to say. But i do 100% on 2.5 gall and the last 2 betta that i bought on 2/10 didn't get sick yet and very active and eating like little pigs and i also have 3 years old bettas that i do the same 100% water changes.

I used to do just 75% before.

I think some people on the forum i read do 100% water changes.

I have bettas since long time ago and i never was on the forums so i guess i started with other people recommendations and it worked perfectly i never have problems yet.

I think if my bettas live long and healthy life there is something i do right i don't know. I even afraid to change the way i do because i do it for i think about 3 years.

Well any betta can get sick no matter how u take care of them. I see a lot of sick betta with people do right care.

So i would considerate that i do something right? :)

Please don't get me wrong i am not arguing i just saying my point of view since i do it that way i learned.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #43 
milhouse88

I'm due to change the water 50% tomorrow and still use no salt. Is that what it looks like needs to happen? He still looks 'ratty', but almost all the blue on his body his back.

milhouse88 is offline   Reply With Quote