Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #1 
hannah16

Gen

Alright, well, here is how my day went.

I woke up, turned on my bettas heaters, fed them all 1 pellet of betta food, looked at them all. I took a few pictures of 2 of my other bettas. I've gone downstairs a few times through out the day (5-7) and just now I went down stairs, my poor little Gen was totally pale and passed away. I'm so upset. He was really healthy at PetSmart when I picked him up, but it was like after I placed him into his 1g tank, he just.. was very... Slow? Not as swimmy and happy as everyone else. I thought he was adjusting, now hes gone. I'm so upset, he was a beautiful beautiful CT. My dad is taking me to PS on Friday to exchange him. This shouldn't have happen. He was red mixed with shades of black and his rays were dipped in black. I loved Gen and I wish I didn't have to preserve his little body until Friday.

Now I'm really nerserve about what could happen to Mango since he's acting very secluted, and even though everyone else is acting healthy, I'm worried like heck. PS is gonna think I'm doing this on purpose... jerks.. Ugh.. I'm gonna go deal with Gen now..

RIP Gen.. You were beautiful.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:59 PM   #2 
Irish Dancing Man

I'm so sorry about your loss. Do you have any pictures? he sounds really pretty!
(You turn your heaters on and off? They should just turn on if the temperature goes down and stip when reached the set temperature...
Irish Dancing Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #3 
Sweeda88

I'm sorry for your loss. But also, you should not be turning your heaters off during the night, which is when it gets the coldest. That's probably why you are having problems with your fish.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #4 
hannah16

Sure.. Here:...

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...s/100_3326.jpg

I can't find a heater for anything smaller then a 5g.. I have several 1g & 1/2g along with a 2.5g...I use Soft Heat human heaters.. they turn off every hour.. during the day I turn them on every hour, and at night I get up every 2 hours for them.. I don't understand why this happen.. Maybe he was just..stressed and I didn't see it.. I don't know.. He was my little Goth Betta..

I haven't delt with Gen yet.. I'm nervous.. I really basicly don't want too.. and I don't know if I want to use that tank again... I reused Fighters for Giraffe.. but he's so healthy.. Vibrent.. hes even blown a bubblenest...
Old 03-23-2011, 04:47 PM   #5 
Bettaluver4evr

OH no, Gen! I am so very sorry. :( Poor baby! I wonder what went wrong. I feel bad for you that your heaters are so crazy! Is it so cold in your house they need that crazy heater schedule? It sounds stressful for you. I'm sorry about Gen, he was so pretty!
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #6 
hannah16

Actually, I have the basement/house set for a perfect 72-76 degrees.. But the stupid heaters turn off every hour so...yeah..I don't honestly have any other choice.. I don't want them in cold water..
Old 03-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #7 
Bettaluver4evr

Awww! True. My bettas go with the flow, because I don't have heater for the smaller tanks. But my house right now is 81 degrees! So I don't need to worry about that. ;)
Old 03-23-2011, 08:03 PM   #8 
hannah16

Ugh.. I think I know what happen to Gen.. I had baught 4lbs of crappy gravel from WalMart.. and I think that the paint was chipping and leaving this type of slim in his water.. It killed him.. Was makes me more upset is that today was water change day.. I hope I didn't get to Mango too late.. Along with I Giraffe had the same gravel in his tank, but hes been sooooo perky.. Like he'll even come up to me for attention..I think they'll be okay.. I hope any way..
Old 03-23-2011, 10:51 PM   #9 
Bettaluver4evr

I hope so too! Mango had better make it, he's so pretty!