Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #1 
Fin Fancier

Betta Dreams

I don't usually remember all of my dreams, but I must say I've had an increasing level of betta dreams as of late. Usually its about getting a new betta and not having a tank for it, or about leaking tanks. You know the sort I'm sure.Last night I had the most oddly specific betta dream.

I was helping someone pick out a betta and its supplies. I went to help them pick out omega one betta buffet pellets and it had been replaced by some cheapo generic brand. The amount of sad I felt when I woke up I couldn't even explain.

Anyone else have rather odd betta dreams? I can honestly say this has completely taken over my animal dream quota. At least once every couple of weeks.
Fin Fancier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #2 
Briz

I've had a few anxiety dreams where I find myself changing water for too many bettas to keep track of and I either drop them or put them in another tank with another betta, stuff like that.
Briz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #3 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
I just had a dream that my Picasso had NO fins and Minerva laid eggs and had fry... and I never even bred her....
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #4 
Susukihotaru

I once had a mishap with a tiny female I bought, she decided to jump out of the cup while I was moving her to a new tank and ended up down the sink. I was freaking out and my stepdad had to get her out for me. She was fine afterwards, but that incident began nightmares about losing my other fish in the same way. The worst being one where our drain was directly connected to the sewer and an alligator ate my fish before I could save it... I was happy when I stopped having those dreams, or when I just stopped remembering them.
Susukihotaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:37 AM   #5 
Polkadot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briz View Post
I've had a few anxiety dreams where I find myself changing water for too many bettas to keep track of and I either drop them or put them in another tank with another betta, stuff like that.
Same here.I've had a couple of dreams/nightmares where water was coming out of some tanks & I put my bettas into containers then realised they were in together & had to quickly separate them.Weird.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #6 
percyfyshshelley

I wish I had nice betta dreams but mine are also always of the variety of a sick betta, a lost betta, etc. I also have "forgotten pet" dreams. I dream that I have some sort of pet, usually mice or another rodent, and I totally forget I have them and when I remember they are dehydrated and on the verge of starvation! Geez! I have never forgotten about a pet ever in my life!
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #7 
Fin Fancier

Well I see I'm not alone. I feel like the only semi-good betta dream I've had is I brought home a male black orchid (gorgeous as only a dream fish can be) and for some reason I got another male and two females for free, but I only had one spare tank so I was dream running around looking for tanks for all my pretty fish. It also gives me an excuse to keep spare tanks on hand, which I like to do anyway.
Fin Fancier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:23 AM   #8 
Saphira101

I had a dream once where my bettas were HUGE and just swimming through the air.

And then tons of other ones where I put them in the wrong tank with each other, bred them without doing research, or they got through the divider, or somehow flushed down the toilet. (?!?!?)

Last edited by Saphira101; 06-06-2013 at 04:26 AM.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:36 AM   #9 
LittleBettaFish

I normally don't have fish related dreams, but last night I had one in regards to the pair of fish I am importing.

The importer told me that she wasn't accepting any fish from that seller and I couldn't get them into the country. It was awful haha. I can still remember reading her angry email from my dream. It was one of those dreams where you wake up not sure if it actually happened or not. I had to get onto my computer and check.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #10 
Starfish1

Sometimes I dream that I'm doing water changes and as I'm walking around my house all the sudden there are like 50 bettas and I can't figure out how they all got there!

I think that dream means that it's time for me to get off aquabid, lol
Starfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote