Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2011, 12:38 AM   #1 
Sikka

Any highly recommended small tank kit?

Hey Forum.

I have a male betta currently living alone in a 10 gallon tank. I need to get him into something smaller so that he can come with me when I move. I'll likely be moving into a studio so I need a small tank that's quiet enough to be a bedroom tank.

Any recommendations? I'm looking for something in the 2-3 gallon range (assuming neither of these are too small for longterm housing).

Here's two models I'm currently considering. If anyone has experience with these and can report on the noise level AND how powerful the filter is, I'd really appreciate it.

2.5 Aqueon minibow

And the 3 gallon eclipse

Also... does anyone know of a suitable heater for a tank this size? Sorry for all the questions. The only tank system I've ever owned came with everything, so I haven't had to piece one together before. :D
Sikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:55 AM   #2 
JackisLost

i like to piece together my own kit, but it comes at a cost. what is your budget?
JackisLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:54 AM   #3 
Sikka

Thanks for the response.

Not very much. Probably $50. Ideally $40, but I realize both of those are pretty low... I can go higher if absolutely necessary.

Piecing together would be fine as long as it looks presentable in the end. I just don't know what to buy.

...Do you know if a 10 gallon heater (Marineland Stealth Pro) could be used in a 3g? Newb question, I know, but figure it's worth asking before I go out and buy another one.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #4 
Ariel1719

I have two 2.5 minibows, and I LOVE them! I bought the marineland 'up to 3 gallon' heater for both of them and it keeps the temperature perfectly at 78. You dont want anything MORE than a heater for 3 gallons. If you were to buy a 10gal heater i believe you could end up boiling your fish... which wouldn't be fun!

These are my two minibows

The filter works great on the minibow and it is VERY quite. At first my second one was actually making a noise and It was SO annoying, so i just took the filter apart to how it came in the box and put it back together and it was fine. I know a lot of other members have this tank!
Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #5 
Sikka

Thanks Airel, that's great information. :D Nice tanks!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #6 
Sikka

Btw, Ariel... if it's at all possible for you to upload a shot of one of your mini bows from the side with the betta in view, could you? I'm just curious to see how much space the betta has from all angles. Even when I have the tank's measurements it's hard for me to get a sense of how much room the fish has without actually seeing it. No problem if you can't make it happen, though. I'll totally understand and appreciate the help you've already given me. :D

Last edited by Sikka; 03-24-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:15 AM   #7 
Alex09

You can probably reuse your old heater. I hear that is a good brand. I would just test it for a few days and sees how it goes.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #8 
Ariel1719

Yep I can go do that now :)
Old 03-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #9 
Ariel1719

Okay here we go, you have Goose's side (excuse the glare, they are right by a window)

DJ's side

Above view of Goose's

I had to make a filter baffle in both of the tanks as the current is pretty strong and pushes them about! Three easy steps of cutting a water bottle, and they are very happy! Oh and DJ's tank isn't dirty, its just the black gravel and the green plants making it look green! haha

Let me know if you want any more pics or angles or anything :)

Im uploading a video right now of Goose swimming around his tank just so you can really see!

Last edited by Ariel1719; 03-24-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #10 
Ariel1719

And here is the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNbQB...el_video_title