Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #1 
19wEEdmAstEr25

Smile My Betta Lineup (Picture Heavy)

Guys these are currently my fish(es). Sorry for the handle but just call me Jun. Anyway, I'm not quite sure how I would classify them but I have based it on the info I've found on the web and the labeling made by the pet store when they were retailed. Please help me in categorizing them. I stand corrected for each fish. Enjoy!

My Betta Setup (3/16/11)

The Impulsive "Fighty" (Male Bi-Color Veil Tail) (1/17/11)

Fighty 1: (Left) Taken with the flash turned-off. (3/16/11)

The Snobbish "Sunshine" [Male Solid Color Crown Tail (or Comb Tail, not sure really)] inspired by the late "Sunny" (2/16/11)

Sunshine 1 (3/16/11)

The Curious Bottom-Dweller "Tomato" (Male Solid Color Spade Tail) (2/16/11)

Tomato 1 (3/16/11)

The Childish "Wall-E" (Male Colored Marble Super Delta Tail) (3/16/11)

Wall-E 1: (Left) Taken without flash. (3/16/11)

The Wandering "Butterfly" {Female Butterfly Crown Tail [again I'm not really sure about it being a Butterfly (incomplete red band at the anal fin) and being a Crown Tail (just like Sunshine who was also labeled as a Crown Tail in the pet store)]} (3/16/11)

The Gluttonous "Blue" [Female Solid Color Crown Tail (again a Crown Tail according to the pet store)] (3/16/11)

The Reserved "Red" [Female Bi-Color Crown Tail (Now, I really need help classifying them)]: The damages on the femalesí fins and tails were acquired when they established their pecking order just recently. Red became the matriarch. (3/16/11)

In memory of the fish with AD/HD, "Shokoy" (Merman) [Solid Color Crown Tail (no need to classify, I think... Let him take his secrets to the grave)] (CDEATH: Advanced Fin and Tail Rot)

In memory of the Dainty "Sunny" (Solid Color Delta Tail) (CDEATH: Advanced Fin and Tail Rot): Since I learned that I have a constant supply of IAL, the golden age of health for my fish(es) have begun.

Slightly confused with details of color classification (Royal Blue, Chocolate, etc.), Iíve decided to go for the color pattern to make a uniform grouping. Anyway, this pet store that doubtfully labels its Betta fish is not your typical pet shop. Itís much like a fish farm with thousands of fish and varieties, they also sell other pets there, however, I do wonder why they seem to mess up in labeling some of their Betta fish(es), particularly their Crown Tails, since theyíve been breeding and selling them way before I started elementary school. Inspired by that place when I was young, I always wanted to be a hobbyist but I canít seem to find time. Now, that my daughters seemed to show interest in them, Iíve grabbed a few. BTW, they were the ones that named these fish.
19wEEdmAstEr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #2 
ds2009

I think only sunshine is a crowntail, the rest are either deltas or veiltails? A lot of their tails seem to be ripped and in bad condition, did the petstore not take good care of them? :c theyre all very nice though.
ds2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #3 
19wEEdmAstEr25

Same as with my suspicions. That is the only Crown Tail in the troop. I've seen true Crown Tails and some of my "so called" Crown Tails lack the stunning spikes that they usually display. Most of these fish are just juvenile so it's quite hard to tell what sort they are of but I agree they aren't Crown tails. Anyway, two of the females are injured because they were just newly introduced to each other. The Veil Tail Male just had some rough loving during spawning. BTW, thanks for the input!
19wEEdmAstEr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #4 
TheCrysCat

Whoa! Your setup looks really colorful and awesome :D Is that one divided tank or a bunch of small ones?
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:40 PM   #5 
ds2009

Oh thats too bad about all the accidents, Im sure their tails will look better in no time! :)
ds2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #6 
Abby

ok I see two delta one ct and a LOT OF FIN DAMAGE!
hopefully they will regrow them quickly they will be impressive looking fish. if you want to see what ur ct should expand out to check some of my made threads.

i have 4 butterflies (MELVIN BENNY AGENT 11 AND PIPPIN), three cts 9 SD x HM's 5 vts
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #7 
Abby

ok noones going to like this and im not posting it as a mean thing just my opinion and my observations:
First pic:
too small for three fish.
second pi
shows regrowth and nice vt, metallic colours look good
third pic
same as 2nd pic, both vt nic regrowth and colours
(personally flash should always be off)
4th & 5th:
he is a ct but has messy rays
6th & 7th
i relly like thses pics
8th and ninth
not sure if hes a delt or super but both look like they need to regrow
10 (the butterfly)
hmm doesnt look like a butterfly more of a "im still regrowing my fins"
11 (blue ct)
hmmm the tail does have a few rays so its possible, she needs to regrow them before you can see better
looks like a ct from the tail but ice colours
love the colours :)
14th
VERY NICE
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #8 
PewPewPew

I'd have to agree about the female's tank, its a bit small and there isnt enough cover for those bossy ladies. I'd suggest a ten gallon with cover.

I like them (and hope their fins, all of them, heal) and suggest a small plant in each tank to help them chill and have a place to relax in. Its a cute set up, and the males seem to have a good amount of space. What size are the tanks?

If you want, you could go to a craft store and get decor plants that would be fantastic additions! Just wash them well, soak them and make sure they dont have a fragrance.

:D
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #9 
bettafish15

I like the tank and all, could be bigger for the 3 females, but it would look awesome if there were hiding places for the bettas like fake silk/soft plastic plants! :D
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #10 
Goomba3

Love the pictures! Can't wait to see them with the fins grown out. I agree about the three girls, they would be happier in a bigger tank. Some little plants might be nice, too. But they all seem happy!
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote