Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #1 
hannah16

Tetras

Okay, well, my Mom baught me 3 lamp eye tetras, they can grow up to 3 inches (9g total). And I want to know if its possible for me to add bleeding heart tetras (2g each tet), orange von rio flame tetras (2g each tet), or bloodfin tetras (2g a tet) into the same tank as them and they be okay with each other? Or maybe form a school together? I'm getting a 30g and I'm trying to figure out what I want to add into it. Thanks all.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #2 
Sweeda88

Different types of fish will NOT school together. I think you should get more of the tetra you already have. 3 is not a big enough school. I'd get at least 3 more if I were you.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:55 PM   #3 
hannah16

So 3 more lamp eye, awesome. There so cute.. Then that'll leave me with um..12 gallons. Each guppy needs 1.5g, so I'll just get 7 female guppies <3 That's totally perfect. So it'll be my Lamp Eye/Guppy tank :3. Thanks Sweeda.

Last edited by hannah16; 03-28-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #4 
Sweeda88

You're welcome! =D
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #5 
hannah16

Well, I was able to get 1 more lamp eye since the price went from $1 to $2.50. Totally sucks, I planned on getting the 3 today. But another thing is that I got 2 more cories, so I have a school of 4 cories and a school of 4 lamp eye tetras. And its SO cute! One of my cories thinks he's a tetra, and swims with them XD Its so freakin cute... I love him. He's my lil fav. Just wanted to share <3
Old 03-31-2011, 05:57 PM   #6 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah16 View Post
Okay, well, my Mom baught me 3 lamp eye tetras, they can grow up to 3 inches (9g total). And I want to know if its possible for me to add bleeding heart tetras (2g each tet), orange von rio flame tetras (2g each tet), or bloodfin tetras (2g a tet) into the same tank as them and they be okay with each other? Or maybe form a school together? I'm getting a 30g and I'm trying to figure out what I want to add into it. Thanks all.
I just want to let you know that the one-inch-per gallon rule should generally not be applied. It doesn't take into account bio-load and compatibility, as well as other things.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote