Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2011, 11:46 PM   #1 
lovebug009

is seethrough a type and is that what I have?

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...9/100_1407.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...9/100_1525.jpg

Just got him a few days ago at the local Petco, he is #2 and I didn't plan on another one, but I couldn't pass him up:)

He was sold as a double tail, but I wasn't sure what the color is.

Thanks from a newbie!
lovebug009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:53 PM   #2 
Abby

welcome to the forum, he looks like a cellohane double tail
but dont quote me on that as he also has the blue and the spots lol hes a looker alright :)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:58 PM   #3 
LolaQuigs

The clear color is known as cellophane...but judging by those streaks on his fins, he might marble up! Reminds me of my first betta; when I got him I thought he was a cellophane DBT, but then he went marble on me. Anyway, your fish is very pretty!
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #4 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaQuigs View Post
The clear color is known as cellophane...but judging by those streaks on his fins, he might marble up! Reminds me of my first betta; when I got him I thought he was a cellophane DBT, but then he went marble on me. Anyway, your fish is very pretty!

Marble was my FIRST thought but i was like hmmmm cause my 4th of july 2 ray ct louie gets that aqua scheen on his clear tail
Old 03-25-2011, 12:12 AM   #5 
lovebug009

Thanks, so will he become less see through as time goes on or are you saying his fin color may change?

Also he is very mellow, I put his tank next to my other male and he was uninterested, but my 1st guy Charlie noticed him right away. Is there such a thing as a less aggressive male beta???? He doesn't seem sick, he swims around his tank all day and seems curious when I come near, I just haven't seen him flare yet.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:47 AM   #6 
roypattonphoto

if your treat everynow and then with Bloodworms, it will help boost his color up (or so im told by my LPS).. also i was thinking he looks like a Cellophane Marble myself, but the tail kinda looks like a DoubleTail to me..

interesting and beautiful never the less, nice find...
roypattonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:56 AM   #7 
Abby

His colour may just begin to change people pick a fish for the colour then the fishy marbles out haha and TOTALLY changes or just a little change

Quote:
Originally Posted by roypattonphoto View Post
also i was thinking he looks like a Cellophane Marble myself, but the tail kinda looks like a DoubleTail to me...
Cellophane and marbles are colours he is most defiantly a double tail :) so his title would be cellophane dt or marble dt etc
my longest is Metallic super delta half moon crown tail (thats one fish)
Old 03-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #8 
LolaQuigs

You never know how much a marble will change, my "cellophane" ended up entirely blue, other than his head, which remained the pale color. Some marbles will just get a few patches of color, others will get very patchy. Does he have any dark colored scales on his body? It kind of looks like it in the first picture.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:46 PM   #9 
lovebug009

I guess I would just be happy if Elric remains healthy, it is sooo interesting to learn about all the color and fin type combos there are.

LolaQuigs- it does look like he has dark scales in the first pic, but that is with a flash and his pearl comes out, but the second one is with no flash and his body is colorless except for the red of his blood. I guess it will be interesting watching him grow up and I will enjoy him regardless of how he ends up.

He is so different from Charlie (CT), he is very docile and curious. and Charlie seems like he is always grumpy. maybe I am just projecting human emotions on them....LOL
Old 03-25-2011, 11:45 PM   #10 
LolaQuigs

I didn't like marbles at first, and was really disappointed when I discovered my guy was one. But then I realized how much fun it is to watch them change and see how they turn out. He is beautiful now, and I am sure he will be beautiful if/when he changes. If he does change, definitely post pictures so we can see the difference!