Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2011, 02:39 PM   #1 
christina

Uncertain on Water changes and Feeding ammounts

Tank: 5.5 Gallons, heated, filter w/ zeolite, 3 small Anubis plants, 1 betta

Tank chemistry after a week of not changing: 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrites, 0 Nitrates

The Zeolite successfully removes all detectable Ammonia from my tank, should I treat this like a cycled tank and just do partial water changes? or, since it cannot really cycle due to no ammonia-should I be doing 100% water changes. Also, I've got SO much information from 100% 3x a week to 15% a week I am unsure about what would be best. I am disinclined to do 100% 3x a week because I'm afraid to stress him out. However, on the other side of 15% once a week seems a little low. However, water chemistry seems fine.

Feeding: How do you know if you're feeding too much/too little? I hear recommendations from once a day to 3x a day, sometimes fasting 1/week.

Sorry, I know there are threads on this already- but there is so much mixed information and none (as far as water changes) directly to my question.
christina is offline   Reply With Quote