Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #91 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Sorry about your fish. Hope you have better luck on your next attempt.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #92 
grinsinthedark

My crowntail was just given to a happy, new owner. He will be missed. I feel awkward going from six fish to three (with all my empty tanks everywhere). It will be hard giving away my King Betta since not many people want King Bettas (except for breeding "giant" versions of their fish). If he wasn't so violent, I might have used him for something pretty. I just don't know whether I should or not. So far, I had two people tell me to give him another chance in the future, and then another saying not to because he's too wild and aggressive.
grinsinthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #93 
FuulieQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
And I have a horse.
Dude! You have a horse?! Awesome.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #94 
FuulieQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinsinthedark View Post
My crowntail was just given to a happy, new owner. He will be missed. I feel awkward going from six fish to three (with all my empty tanks everywhere). It will be hard giving away my King Betta since not many people want King Bettas (except for breeding "giant" versions of their fish). If he wasn't so violent, I might have used him for something pretty. I just don't know whether I should or not. So far, I had two people tell me to give him another chance in the future, and then another saying not to because he's too wild and aggressive.
Perhaps when he gets older he will be more suited to breeding. :) In the meantime I think it would be a good idea to get him a big, roomy tank (if he doesn't already have one, that is) so he can get some exercise. They say exercise is good for reducing aggression.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #95 
vaygirl

I have a king too. He's not terribly aggressive but then I've never had him with another fish. You could keep him as a pet, maybe. Is he aggressive towards people? I mean, mine jumps at food but it's only scary because he's such a high jumper and always afraid he'll come flying out. What's his people temperament like?
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #96 
grinsinthedark

He loves people. If you go near the tank, he'll go up to the glass and wiggle around in front of you. 'Gets excited when you wiggle your fingers at him. There's nothing wrong with him, and I might keep him because I don't think anyone will really want him. I've also given him several names. I just can't stick with one lol.
grinsinthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:02 AM   #97 
indjo
TFK Moderator

IMO you should keep your king. Aggressiveness can be.... over come (?). Look at your accident, the regular male did almost the same..... it's their nature. If handled properly, they won't be that vicious. Further, as they get older, they become more calm (though often only a bit).

Try this: Keep him in a sorority... I'm serious! First keep the females floating (preferably 4 and +). Then after a few days - after he had calm down, release them. If he feels no threat, he will be the "referee" between the females. I have often done this and it reduces aggressiveness. Oh be sure to use large enough pumps in the tank to avoid spawning.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #98 
turtle10

He would need a very large tank though. He may not have room for that big of a tank.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote